Laser beam targeted at hair follicles to prevent new growth. Lasers produce a high-intensity ray of pure light which gives off heat energy. The laser works by sending energy into the pigment of the hair shaft, which is absorbed by the surrounding follicle. The heat generated by this process damages the follicle and stops hair production. This energy is absorbed by different body tissues, depending on the colour of the laser beam. Millions of men and women with unwanted body hair spend countless hours on temporary hair removal methods - including shaving, waxing, applying chemical depilatories, and tweezing.
Laser hair removal is an effective and proven method. Laser can be used as a medical device since it can be exactly tuned according to each patient's type of skin, guaranteeing an effective treatment. Both men and women seek laser hair removal services to have superfluous or unwanted hair removed. Hair removal is commonly done on lip, chin, ear lobe, shoulders, back, underarm, abdomen, buttocks, pubic area, bikini lines, thighs, face, neck, chest, arms, legs, hands, and toes. Laser hair removal has become a popular choice for removing unwanted hair. Laser hair removal is a technique that makes it possible to treat rapidly and in the same session a very large area of the body, for a longer period of time and gradually deteriorating the hair.
Electrolysis, while effective, often requires years of ongoing and frequently painful treatments. Electrolysis procedure uses low-level electricity to disable, or render the hair follicles inactive. Some types of skins require specific precautions or use of a specific laser. Current hair removal lasers cannot remove light or white hair. It is imperative to stay away from the sun in the weeks preceding a hair laser removal session, since tan is a contra-indication for the treatment. Laser Facial Hair Removal in women is our number one most popular procedure at Ideal Image. With facial hair removal, the most popular treatments are for chin hair removal and removal of hair on the upper lip.
Laser is attracted to dark pigment and therefore works best on pale skin and dark coarse hair. The closer you are to this combination (i. e. the lighter the skin and the more coarse and dark the hair), the better the results will generally be after proper treatments. Hair removal lasers are effective treatment for pseudofolliculitis barbae (commonly called ingrown hairs or “shaving bumps"). For darker skin patients with black hair, the long-pulsed Nd:YAG laser with a cooling tip can be safe and effective when used by an experienced practitioner. People under medication must warn their doctor since some drugs can lead to reaction to light and require postponement of the laser treatment. The area to be treated must be shaved three days before the laser hair removal session.
Advantages of Laser Hair Elimination
1. Laser hair elimination is supposed to be more secure if done in a right manner and performed by skilled specialists.
2. The majority of consumers have noticed amazing results and even permanent hair elimination.
3. The treatment of laser hair elimination can be taken on the largest portions such as the legs, back and chest in one session.
4. If there is re-growth after removing hairs by laser, this will be finer and lighter in texture as compared to before.
5. Laser hair elimination can be virtually harmless while compared with electrolysis and waxing as a sources of body hair elimination.
Disadvantages of Laser Hair Elimination
1. Scientific facts and research is yet restricted and claims cannot be completely proved.
2. Laser hair removal technique is not beneficial for red, blonde and gray hair and so many other treatments may be needed.
3. Laser hair elimination is not preferred for those persons who have skin tan or darker skin tones.
4. If laser hair elimination method is not performed properly, it may cause many skin diseases such as discoloration of skin or burning of the skin.
5. The prices of using laser hair removal treatment are very high and it can be about $500 per hair elimination method.
6. One who desires to use laser hair removal treatment should be a protected eye during the process of treatment.
Juliet Cohen writes articles on hair care tips and skin care tips . She also writes articles on makeup tips .