Back pain pain felt in the back that usually originates from the muscles, nerves, bones, joints or other structures in the spine.
There are two categories of back pain:
Back pain can affect anyone, of any age, but it is more common in people between the ages of 35-55 years.
CAUSES & SYMPTOMS:
Simple back pain can occur to any person aged from 25 to 65 yrs who otherwise are healthy. There are some triggering factors for simple back pain.
1. Sitting or Standing in a wrong position
2. Bending or standing for a long periods
3. Sitting on a chair that doesn't have any back support
4. Pulling, lifting, carrying loads that are simply too heavy or going about these tasks in wrong way
5. A fall or a trip
6. Strain in the joints
7. Muscular tension
8. Faulty living style and inappropriate diet
9. Lack of physical fitness exercise
10. Kidney problems
11. Arthritis Wearing of high heel shoes
12. Long hours of sitting
13. Obesity: Your spine caries a large portion of your weight. Being overweight puts pressure and stress on the back, especially the low back. Plus, carrying excess weight aggravates other health conditions such as osteoporosis (weak bones), osteoarthritis (joint pain), rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune disease), degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, and spondylolisthesis.
Spine is very strong part of our body and is not easily damaged. If a person stays physically active he will be free from pain. 9 out of ten people with back pain recover within few weeks.
Most of the time, your doctor will only need to discuss your symptoms and examine you for back pain. If the pain lasts longer than six weeks, or if your doctor suspects there is some underlying cause of the pain, then he or she may recommend more tests. These tests might include:
1. Spine X-rays
2. CT (computerised tomography) scans
3. MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
4. blood tests
Mental well being of a person also has a role in back pain. If the condition is chronic, your doctor may recommend that you have an assessment of your well being in a pain clinic.
For more details about back pain ( spine surgery ) please visit at http://www.spinesurgery-wecareindia.com