There are many methods and algorithms for treating anxiety attacks. The following algorithm is suitable for general anxiety, a combination of anxiety and depression, OCD, Body Dysmorphic Disorder and phobias.
Treating Anxiety Attacks Algorithm
1. Begin by thinking about an aspect of your life that you are anxious about.
2. Tune into the thought field of that anxiety - in other words, place your attention intentionally on an anxiety that produces emotional distress in your life.
3. Rate your anxiety on a level of one to 10 (one is no anxiety, 10 is maximum). As you think about this anxiety, write down the number which best describes the level of anxiety you are experiencing.
4. Using two fingers of one hand, tap five times about an inch under the eye, below the bottom of the centre of they bony orbit. Keep thinking about your anxiety. Tap firmly whilst tuning in.
5. Keep thinking about your anxiety and now tap solidly five times under the arm, about four inches below the armpit.
6. Continue to think about your anxiety and now firmly tap the collarbone point. Take two fingers to the bony protrusions at the bottom of the neck, go down an inch and tap to the right.
7. Now take a second SUD (subjective units of distress) rating and write it down. If it has decreased two or more points then continue on to nine gamut sequence. If there is no change in your SUD score, perform PR correction by tapping the karate point (the outer edge of either hand, between the wrists and the base of the little finger) 15 times.
8. Perform the nine gamut treatment. Tap the gamut point (back of the hand between the little and ring finer knuckles, an inch down towards the wrist) about three to five times per second and continue tapping whilst performing the following nine steps:
- Close the eyes
- Open the eyes
- Look down and left
- Open eyes down right
- Take eyes full circle in one direction
- Take eyes full circle in opposite direction
- Hum a few bars of your favourite tune
- Count from one to five
- Hum that tune
9. Now tap five times under the eye.
10. Tap five times under the arm.
11. Tap the collarbone five times.
12. Take another SUD reading and write it down. If it is down to one then do the eye roll. Keeping your head perfectly still, roll your eyes from the floor up towards the ceiling.
Treating anxiety attacks takes patients and practice. So repeat the this algorithm for treating anxiety attacks after a few minutes if your SUD reading doesn't decrease.
To get more information about natural approach to cure anxiety and panic attacks with proper diet, rest and relaxation, exercise, worry management, and breathing exercise, check out our website: Natural Anxiety Cures