Are you experiencing the pain and frustration of uncertainty because of your anxiety and are looking for a natural cure? Do you find that when you are in certain situations that make you start to feel as if a panic attack or high levels of stress and anxiety happen that the more you try to talk yourself out of feeling the way you are, it just makes those feelings grow stronger until you lose control? Then the exact thing you were trying to prevent happens so you feel bad because you had another attack you couldn't control and you failed at trying to stop yourself from going over the edge. Did you know that nearly seven percent of Americans suffer from anxiety and panic disorders?
Unfortunately, prescription drugs are usually offered as a remedy for such illnesses and they can be dangerous if used over a long period of time. There are many Americans turning to alternative medicines for natural cures for anxiety in an effort to calm their anxious feelings. The demand for alternative medicine has skyrocketed because of the fact that many offer relief from symptoms without the side-effects linked to prescription drugs but herbal remedies for anxiety are not meant to be long-term treatments, although they can offer relief in the short-term.
Here are seven ways to relieve your stress using natural remedies but it is very important that you do your homework and research to increase your knowledge of any herb or vitamins to make sure it is the right thing for you to take. It is also a good idea to consult your family physician in order to ensure that the alternative treatment is safe for you.
1) St. Johns Wort is one of the most popular anti-anxiety herbs on the market. After taking St. Johns Wort for as little as two weeks, you should notice a difference in your anxiety level.
2) Valerian Root is another herb you might want to try. It is especially helpful in combating insomnia because of its sedative quality as it helps to lull the central nervous system to sleep. Research indicates that Valerian Root is effective in improving sleep 90 percent of the time. This is important, since much of anxiety is linked to sleep disorders.
3) Vitamins can also provide an effective treatment for anxiety. They can be very important in enabling neurotransmitter synthesis and maintenance. For instance, B-complex can help produce neurochemicals, which in turn, assists in the synthesis of seratonin, norepinephrine and dopamine.
4) Another aid to combating anxiety is Passion Flower because it helps to calm the central nervous system, leading to feelings of peace.
5) Ashwaghanda Root can make you feel stronger so that you are better able to handle the effects of anxiety.
6) Kava Kava is considered to be one of the strongest anti-anxiety remedies in the world. A number of studies indicate that Kava Kava is highly effective in relieving the short-term symptoms of anxiety. It is also considered safe to ingest, making it one of the most popular herbs available on the market today.
7) Exercising should make you feel less anxious. Your muscles become less tense and you will be calm and relaxed after at least 30 minutes of your favorite type of exercise. It has been shown that exercise leads to an hour and a half to two hours of relaxation response and this has been referred to as the endorphin response. As a result, your mood will improve, enabling you to deal more effectively with stress. Exercise can also improve your self-image and you will experience a greater sense of self-worth, which will reduce your stress level. A confident person is an individual who knows how to handle stress without becoming flustered.
We all have feelings of anxiety from time to time. But how can you tell if your anxiety is out of control? If you experience racing thoughts, rapid heartbeat, extreme difficulty resting or concentrating, you probably need to get help. If you do not like dealing with the side-effects of prescription drugs, an herbal remedy may be in order but this is usually only a temporary solution. The more you know about herbal remedies, the better consumer you will be so take herbal medication only after you have thoroughly studied its effects upon the human body. These are some tips to help deal with things today but you owe it to yourself to find the long-term solution for your anxiety.
Discover a permanent solution for your anxiety and take back control by visiting my web page for additional alternatives . Isn't it time that you stopped worrying about when your anxiety will get the best of you and start enjoying life again?