There are hundreds of different scents of aromatherapy incense that you can purchase in stores, but you may find that making your own aromatherapy incense can be a great way to combine the different ingredients and obtain the precise scents that you like.
- Experimenting with the different essential and plant oils to create your own aromatherapy incense can be a lot of fun, and you may even be able to come up with a new scent that will become popular.
- Making the aromatherapy incense is actually fairly simple, though it will require some very specific ingredients.
You will need:
- A large mixing bowl in which to combine ingredients.
- Small bowls for each of your separate components.
- A pestle and mortar to use for grinding the ingredients into a powder.
- Measuring spoons that can help you use the exact measurements of each ingredient according to the formula you create.
- A pen and paper for you to write down your observations and comments on the different scents you create.
- Charcoal tablets that will be the powder base of the mixture.
- The herbal, essential, or plant oils that you will use to form the compound that will be your aromatherapy herbal incense .
To prepare the aromatherapy incense:
1. Make sure that all of the ingredients that you are using are finely ground.
- If you can purchase the various ingredients in powder form, you will save a good deal of time that would be spent grinding the ingredients by hand.
- Make sure to keep each ingredient separate until it is time to combine them all, and grind each ingredient separately and place the powder in a separate bowl.
2. Add the essential oils to the mixture, according to the formula that you are following.
- The end goal of your mixing is to have a thick paste that will dry hard onto a bamboo stick.
- You will need to add the oils to the ground charcoal, herbs, and dried plants.
3. Once the oil is added and stirred into the powders, you will end up with a thick paste.
- Take a thin bamboo stick and dip most of it into the aromatherapy incense paste.
- Make sure that a coat of the aromatherapy incense paste sticks to the outside of the stick as you pull it up.
4. Place the sticks out in the sun to dry.
Making your own aromatherapy incense is fairly simple, though you will need to find or create a formula.
- You can find formulas online for making basic aromatherapy incense, and you should follow the formula until you have gotten accustomed to making your own.
- Once you have learned the basics of aromatherapy incense making and what is herbal incense , you can start branching out and making your own aromatherapy incense.
- You can have a lot of fun experimenting with different types of aromatherapy herbal incense samples for the purpose of making aromatherapy incense of a smell that you particularly like.