Swelling feet is a very irritating and unbearable condition. There can be many causes. The swelling feet need immediate attention as it may hinder you from performing your daily chores. It is extremely essential to get respite from this foot pain. There are many home remedies available for curing swelling feet.
Causes of Swelling Feet:
The main cause of swelling as well pain can be arthritis. The usual symptoms of arthritis are swelling, pain and inflammation in feet. There may also be stiffness in joints hampering their flexibly to move and restrict the mobility. Another cause of swelling feet can be frost bite in very cold regions. There can be swelling of hands, feet and other parts of body due to various causes. These involve improper kidney functioning, kidney diseases, deficiency of protein, sodium retention, cancer congestive failure of heart, standing for a prolonged time, pregnancy, any injury, premenstrual syndrome, oral contraceptives, anemia, low thyroids, allergies, and deficiencies of Vitamin B and potassium.
It is difficult to bear the irritation and pain in the swelling feet. You should go for a proper medical examination to detect the real cause as it is a sign of many serious problems like arthritis, kidney diseases or problems pertaining to nerve or circulatory system.
You can make use of many home remedies which are helpful in getting you the respite from the problem:
- Alternative hot and cold water massage gets enormous relief from feet swelling is best remedy.
- Water helps in curing swelled feet without any worry about bad effects.
- Dipping feet in lukewarm water and then massaging them gently with cream or lotion is helpful to get rid of pain.
- If you stretch your feet, it is a good exercise to get over foot pain.
- You should no put on high heeled shoes. Do not wear too tight or too loose shoes; those may cause pressure on your feet.
- Using a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, cinnamon, milk and water is useful to treat swelled feet. Then massage the feet with it.
- Massage your feet with a mixture of of peppermint oil with eucalyptus oil and lemon.
- Baking powder mixture with diluted rice water is very effective for increasing micro circulation in feet
- Soaking feet in tea free oil will relive you of foot pain.
- Lavender bubble bath is very soothing for recovering from swelled feet pain.
- Do massage with sandalwood, it will give you soothing effect.