Mouth ulcers are a common condition and the underlying cause for then is found in the lymphatic system. One of the triggers for the condition is taking in chemicals from the environment - for example, fluoride in toothpaste or excessive sugar in the diet. In ulcers of any sort there tends to be a deficiency of zinc. Vitamin A levels also need to be adequate to ensure healthy and resilient membrane tissues.
Mouth ulcers are an indication of a run down condition and are best treated by improving the overall general health. They commonly occur after a course of antibiotics or recovering from influenza. Orthodox medicine puts them down to viruses - but I doubt this. They almost certainly are a form of allergy or sensitivity.
What you can do to treat mouth ulcers
- The following herbs will be of assistance: o basil o chamomile o echinacea o elder flowers o lady's mantle o marigold o red sage o tea tree o myrrh
For example, make an infusion of chamomile and drink one cup three times per day. When the mouth is sore it is better to drink the infusion cool rather than hot. The herb red sage can also be made into a mouth wash to gargle.
- Take a multivitamin and mineral supplement to assist in the healing and recovery processes. The multivitamin and mineral complex contains needed zinc, vitamin A, C and B complex.
- Deal with any underlying allergies
- Eat a diet that is supportive of the lymphatic system - this means that you need to avoid the following: o red meats, o greasy fatty foods and fried foods, o dairy products including: cheese, butter, cream, milk and goats milk and cheese o vinegar and pickles, o alcohol, o sugar and sugar based products, o artificial additives, preservatives, colorings and flavorings, o coffee and similar beverages.
- Fresh vegetables and fruit should provide the basis of the diet when attempting to cleanse the lymphatic system. White meat and fish can also be consumed if desired.
- Drink plenty of pure water.
- Remove as many environmental toxins as you are able.
- If you smoke you need to quit. Growerz.com can support and assist as you go through the process of quitting.
- Use a safe approach to colon and body tissue cleansing. Information from safecoloncleansing.com will enable you to do this effectively. The diet recommended above will also remove many of the foods that are often behind food allergies - wheat, dairy products and sugar.
Dianne, a 21 years old nurse, had tried the usual medications applied locally to her mouth ulcers. The medications were ineffective. When she visited she also had a sore tongue and inner lips. As well as the ulcers she also had extreme tiredness. She had ten months of treatment, not for her mouth ulcers alone but to balance her biochemistry and to build up her general health.
Dianne's treatment consisted of:
- a general multivitamin and mineral supplement with additional: o B group vitamins, o vitamin C with bioflavonoids, o zinc, o calcium and o magnesium.
- herbs for liver and lymphatic cleansing and stimulation: o violet leaves, o echinacea, o burdock, o dandelion root, o wahoo and o hops.
- herbs for the ulcers - red sage. This was also made into a mouth wash for gargling. Dianne also made major improvements to her diet.
Mouth ulcers are an indication of other underlying conditions - in particular problems in the lymphatic system. Vitamin and mineral supplements and herbal cleansers will help they lymphatic system. The mouth ulcers themselves can be treated with herbs such as chamomile, echinacea and red sage. In addition to this the overall health of the person needs to be considered. The system needs to be cleansed so that it is able to function effectively. One of the best approaches is to cleanse the colon and the tissues of the body.
Dr Jenny Tylee is an experienced health professional who is passionate about health and wellbeing. She believes that health is not just absence of disease and seeks to actively promote vitality and wellness through empowering others. She encourages people to improve their health by quit smoking , cleansing their body, taking essential, non contaminated vitamin and mineral supplements (from healthproductssite.com) and many other methods, including herbal remedies. Join her free newsletter for more quality health information.