If you have acne, you want an effective treatment. You could work your way down the aisle in the local pharmacy, reading labels and looking for that “magic bullet" that will zap your zits. Or you could ask family and friends for advice, hoping that what worked for them will help you. Some people even turn to common household ingredients to cleanse their skin and diminish the outbreak of pimples.
If you're looking for the best acne treatment tips, read on. Here are the top ten tips for reducing pimples and decreasing the chances of them reoccurring.
1. The single most important thing you can do to cure your acne is to establish and keep a healthy skin regimen. This involves thorough washing with an anti-bacterial soap or another agent that kills bacteria, like tea tree oil or apple cider vinegar. Killing the bacteria must remain your priority. Do not harshly scrub the skin since this is irritating. Rinse well with warm water to flush out the pores.
2. Eat a healthy diet. Your skin will reflect your food choices, so make them count. Although not everyone believes that fried or greasy foods contribute to acne, we all know that a diet high in these foods is not sensible. Eat fresh fruits or vegetables every day and drink water instead of soda or caffeine-containing drinks. When you eat the best foods, you will look your best.
3. Get enough exercise. Acne is more common during the teen years when the hormone activity in the body increases. Exercise helps to keep the body in good condition and also absorbs some of the stress that teens feel. Your skin is the largest organ in the body and it's influenced by the rest of the organs, like the heart and lungs. If your circulatory and respiratory system is at top form, your skin will look better too.
4. If you must wear makeup choose products that are labeled “oil free". Otherwise, you will be adding to the overabundance of oil already on your skin's surface.
5. Wash your hair often. Your hair comes in contact with your skin everyday. If your sebaceous glands are producing more sebum (or oil) that's also happening to the hair on your head.
6. Exfoliate your skin. Removing dead skin helps to promote new skin growth. Use a low potency benzoyl peroxide product. This is also an effective way to get rid of blackheads.
7. Don't be tempted to squeeze or pop the pimples. This can lead to scarring and doesn't really “cure" the condition.
8. Wash your pillowcases frequently. Your face touches your pillow every night and if it's not completely clean, you will be contributing to the acne problem. Make sure that anything that touches your skin is clean. That includes washcloths.
9. Shower after exercising. Perspiration can trap the oils on your skin and lead to increase pimple formation.
10. The last tip is perhaps the most timely. Be patient and try not to rush things. It can take at least 3 weeks for your skin to show significant improvement and for the pimples and zits to completely clear up.
For reviews of the top acne treatment systems, Free Samples of Acne Medicine , and more information on how to cure acne visit: