Having acne is hard enough alone to deal with but when it leaves scars it can be devastating to some as it can change their appearance. Many people think that there is nothing they can do where acne marks are concerned but there are actually acne marks home remedies that you can do to help lessen the scars.
Having large pores and being left with acne marks or scars are two of the biggest down falls of having acne problems. Thankfully there are things that you can do to shrink your pores and to lesson the appearance of the acne scars. Below is a list of some of the best home remedies that you can use to help in getting rid of the marks that acne leaves behind.
1. One great treatment for large pores is a paste that is made from sandalwood powder and black gram dal. It is best to leave it on over night and then rinse it off with cool water in the morning. You can adjust the time if you find that your skin is dry when you get up. You can also try adding some milk to the paste to make it easier on the skin.
2. A great way to tighten your pores would be to rub ice over your skin. It helps to contract the pores, giving them a smaller appearance.
3. Many people do not realize that they can use the juice from a cucumber to help tighten their pores or the marks that acne leaves behind. You would apply it directly to your skin and then rinse it after 15 minutes.
4. Tomatoes are also another thing found in your pantry that can be used to help in acne marks home remedies. Simply cut the tomatoes in half and rub on your skin. This would also be left on the skin for 15 minutes before rinsing off with water. This is a really good treatment for those with oily skin.
5. Drink plenty of water. You skin needs a great deal of water to help it stay plump and hydrated so be sure to drink at least the daily recommended about of water to keep your face as clear as possible. This is also a great way to help ward off bouts of acne.
If you find that some of the home remedies are not working for you then you may want to check with your doctor to see if there are any prescription medications or creams that you can use to help minimize acne marks. Many people find great relief and results with acne marks home remedies so be sure to try a few different ones. Some treatments may not work for everyone; the key is to find what works best for you and your particular condition. Do not try more than one treatment a day as you do not want to do more harm then good to your skin. With home remedies there are little to no side effects as most items can be found right in your kitchen.
To learn more techniques to get rid of acne marks check out How do I get rid of Old Acne Scars at: