Pimples have become a daily part of many people's lives so it is no wonder that everyone is looking for fast relief from these unwanted visitors. Below is a list of tips that you can use to help get your complexion back in no time at all.
1. Stop picking on your zits. You risk infecting the surrounding skin and have it spread like wildfire and that's the least of your worries. To add insult to injury, it risks scarring and that's even harder to remove.
2. You want to be sure to wash your face twice a day but be sure to steer clear of harsh soaps that can irritate your skin and cause further breakouts
3. Don't wash too often or scrub too hard. If you wash much more than twice a day and scrub your skin forcefully you can actually irritate your skin and make your acne worse. This sends signals to your glands that they aren't making enough oil which sends them into overdrive producing even more oil then what originally caused the problem.
4 If you wear makeup, then you will want to go with a light water based makeup so you won't clog your pores.
5. Watch what you eat. While it's a myth that eating oily foods will cause your skin to be oily, diet is important to the health of your skin. You should be eating healthy anyway, but having clear skin is just another reason to make the right choices in food.
6. You may want to take a multivitamin to be sure that you are getting the daily recommended dosage of minerals and vitamins your body needs each day.
7. Drink plenty of water. One of the top reasons people suffer with pimples is from dehydration. Be sure to get the recommended daily 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. The recommended size glass is an 8oz glass. Water will also help to remove impurities from your body so it will help to keep your complexion clear and your skin hydrated.
8. Processed foods can also cause breakouts so try to go with more natural choices such as fresh fruits and vegetables.
9. You can also choose to use some of the tried and true home remedies such as a dab of tooth paste on the pimple at bedtime and then rinse it off in the morning. You can also try steaming your face with a hot wash cloth as it is said that the heat will reduce the size of the pimple when it takes the swelling down.
10. Those who want a sure way to cure acne quickly, and keep it away for good, should try a complete acne treatment system.
I have reviewed the top acne treatment systems to help you find the best products out there. I've narrowed it down to a few choices of the best products available. Take a look at my reviews for the top acne treatment systems and decide for yourself which is best for you.