Chest acne is a common skin disease for adults. It is more prevalent among women than men as shown by the statistics. This acne affects about 54% of women and 40% of men. It usually comes in the form blackheads, whiteheads, zits, pimples, pustules, and cysts.
It becomes worse during summer. Men who wear sport gears which cause friction on the skin are prone to pimples on the chest. Women who wear bras where the bra straps and the elastic support band rub against the skin are not spared from chest acne. So, how do you prevent it?
Prevention of zits and breakouts is basically keeping the pores clear and clean. It is a matter of hygiene. It help to stop the formation of cystic acne on the chest. Here are the following six preventive tips on home remedy for chest acne and some them may have nothing to do with hygiene.
- During the summer, you sweat more. The sweat will mix with the sebum and the dirt. This can block the pores. It is important to wash acne-prone areas immediately after heavy perspiration. You can prevent chest acne simply by taking a shower. This will wash off the sweat, sebum, and dirt. Therefore, always take a shower right after you have finished with your exercising or sweating profusely on a hot day.
- Apply a mud or charcoal mask two times week to remove debris and dirt in the pores.
- Don't apply anything on your chest that can block your pores. Keep your pores free. Forget about using deodorants, body powders, and non acne treatment lotions.
- Your choice of clothing can determine the occurrence of chest acne. For prevention, don't wear tight fitting clothes. This fabric traps the sweat between the clothes and the skin. When this happens, your pores become clogged. Therefore, always wear loose-fitting, cotton clothing. This fabric makes it easier for the skin to breathe and the sweat to evaporate.
- If you are wearing a tank top which reveals your chest, clean the chest acne with an acne treatment cleanser. Cover the blemishes with an acne-fighting concealer. This is a simple acne care for chest that will treat and hide your acne at the same time.
- When you choose laundry detergents or fabric softeners for your clothes, check the label for “fragrance free" or “sensitive skin". Some ingredients that remain on your clothes after washing can irritate your skin and cause pimples.
Do you want some tips on how to get rid of chest acne ? Check out how to remove the pimples on your chest with 2 easy steps.
A major problem with acne treatment products on the market is the side effects and effectiveness. If you want natural acne solutions , then take a look at this great review on natural treatment for acne