Home remedies origins from the kitchen and is one of the safest way to get rid of acne condition. They are easy to use and good to follow. There are many sciences like Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Homeopathy, Chinese Medicines, Traditional Medicine therapy etc believe that our fruits, vegetables and other kitchen materials do carry medicinal value and therefore can be used in treating various diseases. They have been used since years before latest allopath medicines were developed. Some of the good homemade remedies for acne are described below…
- Wash your face with lukewarm water having decoction of the Neem (an Ayurvedic wonder drug).
- Apply ripe tomato pulp on acne and pimples. Keep this for about an hour and then rinse thoroughly.
- You can apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area overnight. Rinse thoroughly in the next morning.
- Extract the juice of a lemon and mix it with equal quantity of rose water. Apply this solution on the face and keep it for about ½ hour. Wash the face with fresh water and wipe out the water with soft and clean cotton cloth.
- Apply icepack over the affected area at night.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. You can also go for the fresh fruit juice or fresh vegetable soups.
- You can also apply grated potatoes to treat wrinkles. This can also be beneficial for blackheads, acne and whiteheads.
- Blend cucumber, apply the paste on your face, and keep it as it is for about half an hour and then rinse thoroughly.
- Mix the sandalwood paste with rosewater and keep aside for 5 minutes. Apply this solution over the face and keep it for ½ hour. Rinse the face completely.
- Grind orange peel with some water to make it paste form. Apply this paste on the affected area. This will give relief from the acne condition naturally.
- Another good homemade remedy for acne is mixing up 1 tsp of lemon juice in 1 tsp of finely ground cinnamon. Apply this mixture over the affected area for at least 30 days.
- Mix groundnut oil with an equal amount of fresh limejuice and apply on acne or pimple. Continue this for about one month.
- One of the best home remedies among all is usage of holy basil leaves. For this, take 2-3 dried basil leaves and add to one cup of boiling water. Steep it for about 10-15 minutes and apply this solution on the affected area by cotton.
- Apply a paste of ground black cumin seeds and vinegar on the affected area. This gives good results in acne condition.
- You can directly apply tea tree oil or lavender oil onto the affected area. These oils have property to heal the acne and reduce the chances of getting acne scars.
- Internally you can have wheat grass juice that can prevent the acne condition.
- Mix a turmeric powder with sandalwood paste and apply the mixture over the affected area. This will cure acne if applied regularly for about 30 days.
Click here for 10 tips to get rid of acne naturally
Click here for Effective Acne Treatment
Acne During Pregnancy