What is a Boutique Gym?
A boutique gym condenses some of the best features of a large, regular gym. As opposed to large warehouse designs, and rows of fitness equipments, which can be daunting at times; boutique gyms offer only a few machines. They are typically much smaller and can have focus on a particular type of fitness regimen such as yoga or naturopathy. At a boutique gym, the experience is more personalized.
While the understated goodness of boutique gyms is fast becoming a fad amongst fitness freaks in Canada, naturopathy at such boutique gyms is increasingly becoming popular in Vancouver.
The Philosophy of Naturopathy:
Naturopathy is a form of alternative medicine based on a belief in vitalism. The theory posits that a special energy called vital energy or vital force guides bodily processes such as metabolism, growth, reproduction and adaptation.
The Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors is promoting naturopathy amongst the public, corporations, professional companies and this is gradually converting the city into naturopathic Vancouver.
Naturopathy is a form of treatment that relies exclusively on natural remedies, such as sunlight, air, water, supplemented with diet and therapies such as massage. Naturopaths believe that the body is self-healing and that it will recover from illness by itself if it is in a healthy environment. The term “naturopathy" is derived from Greek and Latin, and literally translates as “nature disease".
The philosophy of Naturopathic Vancouver is being adopted by many boutique gyms. These gyms provide an environment conducive of naturopathy. Naturopathic philosophy has a holistic approach and seeks to find the least invasive measures necessary for symptom improvement or alleviation, thus encouraging minimal use of surgery and unnecessary drugs. It honors the body’s innate wisdom and ability to heal.
Naturopathy believes in the balance of life, harmony of spirit and flow of energy. These concepts are largely reflected in boutique gyms across Vancouver.
Pros and Cons of Boutique Gyms
Some of the advantages of boutique gyms are:
• For people preferring a quieter and personalized atmosphere, boutique gyms are more favorable than their larger and commercial counterparts.
• Owing to the small size of the boutique gyms, interactions with trainers and instructors are more personal and intimate and this can encourage one to work out more.
• At such gyms, one is required to make appointments with trainers rather than just showing up and this helps fitness freaks to be more disciplined in their workout regimen.
• Specialized boutique gyms allow for focusing on a specific type of exercise, such as aerobics or wellness treatment, such as naturopathy thus ensuring that one pays only for services that one wants. Many boutique gyms promoting naturopathy have mushroomed all across Vancouver.
Despite being such a fad, there are a few disadvantages of boutique gyms:
• A boutique gym membership may cost more than a regular or commercial gym membership simply because there might not be many patrons to share the cost. Though this is fast changing.
• Large scale amenities like a swimming pool or a cardio theatre would not be available at a boutique gym.
• Many fitness enthusiasts prefer the anonymity that a large gym provides.
Boutique gyms are a fad amongst fitness freaks because of its inherent advantages and are being eagerly embraced by a naturopathic Vancouver clientele. And they are here to stay!
Our primary goal is to provide safe and effective therapy to restore and optimize your health. Join the Naturopathic Vancouver program with Dr. Lederman and live a healthier and beautiful life.