Acne home remedies are arguably the best ways to get rid of pimples and blackheads and cure our acne condition. Many people have tried using acne medications and creams that can be bought over the counter or prescribed by the local pharmacy or clinic, but often find themselves stuck in a repeat scenario of acne recurrence after a short while. This should not be a surprise to us since most over-the-counter acne creams or medications are not curative like acne home remedies, but palliative in nature meaning they focus on treating the symptoms more than the skin condition.
Here are some acne home remedies that have been tested over time and proven to work well against persistent acne problems. Diet and topical medication play key roles in curing acne.
1. Go on a full fruit fast for at least a week and consume only fresh fruits like grapefruit, pineapples, pears, apples, mango, apricot, olive, papaya, etc. Stick to non-citrus fruits. You can choose to incorporate this one week fruit fast into your diet and repeat this monthly. It would cleanse your body system and improve your overall health on top of your acne problems.
2. Green vegetables are exceptionally helpful. Vegetables such as celery, seaweeds, broccoli and green pepper are good at detoxifying our bodies, and can improve our skin condition dramatically. Eat at least 5 servings of vegetables daily. Watercress helps to prevent mineral deficiencies in our body and skin and is a rich source of vitamins.
3. Avoid dairy products such as ice cream, margarine, milk and cheese because of its fat content. The same goes for junk food and carbonated drinks.
4. If you have to eat meat, cold water ocean fish such as salmon, cod or sardines, and poultry can be consumed. But the preparation method is important. They must not be fried.
5. Wash the affected acne spots with warm water twice and mild calendula or castile soup. Alternate the washing with cold applications.
6. Applying ice directly on the acne lesions would reduce the swelling. It is one of the oldest practices among acne home remedies.
7. Applying topical sulphur ointment (3 to 10%) is an effective acne home remedy in suppressing acne.
8. Tea tree oil can be applied directly to acne lesions because of its antibiotic nature.
9. Having Epsom salt baths twice in a week is yet another effective acne home remedy. Prepare a bath of about 50 litres of warm water and 1 kg of Epsom salts. Dip into the bath and wash thoroughly for about half an hour.
10. Applying toothpaste on your acne lesion would reduce the swelling while you sleep. This is one of the most simple and popular acne home remedies.
Visit my blog to read more about useful acne home remedies and learn how acne sufferers have been able to cure their acne problems and reduce its recurrence in a matter of 72 hours using natural acne home remedies.
This article may be freely reprinted or distributed in its entirety in any ezine, newsletter, blog or website. The author's name, bio and website links must remain intact and be included with every reproduction.
Davion is a successful webmaster, author and healthy lifestyle advocate. Learn more about secret acne home remedies and how you can cure acne naturally and easily from home in 3 days at Acne-HomeRemedies.blogspot.com