We all know how it goes, the night before the BIG date, the interview, the wedding or perhaps even the girlies night out, you can almost guarantee that those spots and pimples will rear their ugly head!
So how do we get rid of them? Do we run out and get the latest must have treatment, you know the type, the ones that would blow a good night out’s budget! The type that we have all used before that did little more than empty our accounts.
This time, why not try these top 10 tips for getting rid of spots and pimples fast!
1. The most important thing is to never squeeze or pick the pimple. I know how hard it is not to do it. But you WILL spread the bacteria that caused the pimples in the first place. By squeezing the pimple you will make it stand out even more by making it look angry and inflamed.
2. Drink loads and loads of water. The water keeps the body detoxed and naturally flushes out the bodies toxins, this does nothing but good for your skin. If you are already drinking plenty you’ll find that the spots and pimples become less and less. About 2 litres of water a day is a good amount.
3. Dabbing toothpaste on the spot before bed is great at drying the spot or pimple out. I have heard of some people trying it with mouth wash, but it seems a little too harsh for sensitive skin.
4. Go into the bathroom and run a hot bath keeping the door shut. Create lots of steam in the room and then relax in the bath for a good twenty minutes. (Make sure that there is some ventilation in the room. ) Get a hot flannel and place it on your face. This will open up the pores. Cleanse the face and then splash cold water onto the face and leave the bathroom. The cold water will close the pores and stop further infection from bacteria.
5. Try to keep your hair off your face. This one is very tricky with today’s fashionable haircuts, but well worth it for a pimple free face.
6. Use sudocream before bed and in the morning. In the mornings a light dabbing is sufficient, but before bed you can apply more. It is an antiseptic so will help eliminate the bacteria that cause spots.
7. Create a natural scrub. BUT DO NOT SCRUB. Scrubbing the face will only make it swell slightly and open the pores for more bacteria to get in. Place one cup of oats into a bowl and add the juice of one lemon and add a few drops of tea tree oil. Mix it together and massage into the face for two minutes. Leave on the face for a further one minute and then rinse off and pat the face dry. This is great for drying up the pimples and softening the face. For really bad outbreaks, you can rub undiluted lemon juice onto the face and rinse with cold water. Again this should not be done if you have sensitive skin.
8. A healthy diet is really important, so make sure that fatty foods are out, especially the week before you are due at that important event. Keeping your body and skin hydrated is really important and foods play a major part in this. With so many people now looking to stay healthier all round, it’s not too hard to do this.
9. An egg yolk is great for use as a natural mask. Simply separate the yolk from the white. Put the yolk of the egg on the face and leave to dry for about 10 minutes. Then gently rinse the face and pat dry. Some people will tell you to do it with the white of the egg too, either way you will notice that the skin is tightened after which should close the pores and stop further bacteria gaining entry.
10. If the spot or pimple is inflamed and angry looking, place an ice cube on the spot for a few minutes, it will ease any pain that it’s causing and take down the swelling of the spot.
The most important part of getting rid of spots and pimples is to act before you get a breakout and not just when they happen. Making sure that you eat a balanced diet with plenty of water and exercise will help keep the spots under control.
If you want to find out how I managed to become acne free in just three days without using dangerous drugs then make sure you visit me here and learn more great hints and tips on curing acne and spots for good! Visit Us Here