Eyebrows are perhaps one of the most under appreciated features of a person's face, yet eyebrows are a perhaps a person's most defining feature. Change the shape of your eyebrow with a little plucking, and you can change the personality and perceived mood of your face.
Eyebrow shaping is no simple task though. Pluck too much and you end up with a perpetual look of surprise or worse, like you have no eyebrows at all. Pluck too little, and you go for paint on eyebrow look. Here are a few tips to make sure your eyebrows come out the perfect shape.
1. Never pluck above the eyebrow. Bleach unruly upper hairs instead.
2. Brush the brows upward before plucking so that you have a clear idea of the lower eyebrow line.
3. Always pluck eyebrow hairs in the direction that the hair grows. This way is less painful and the hairs will regrow flat.
4. Tweeze one hair at a time, starting at the inside (near the nose) and working your way out.
5. Don't over pluck. Take one row of hairs off at a time and examine the eyebrows before deciding if another row needs to come off.
Follow these few simple tips for the eyebrows that will make you stand out.
Applying Eye Makeup Tips
Get lush lashes without mascara:Rub a little petroleum jelly onto lashes to darken and define them. This works best on lashes that have a natural curl.
Pump up sparse lashes by dotting eyeliner pencil between them; use a shade that matches your lashes. ( If you wear mascara, use a dark brown pencil ).
Boost your eyeshadow: Moisten the sponge applicator before applying powder shadow. The moisture makes the color go on darker for a bolder look.
Juliet Cohen writes articles on makeup advice and beauty tips . She also writes articles on skin care .