The best ways to quit smoking are the natural ways to quit smoking, but you need to use any method available if it will ultimately end in success. Moreover focus must also be placed on breaking the habits surrounding smoking, and the reasons for you lighting up each time, such as stress.
One of the biggest problems with most chemical quit smoking aids is that if you use nicotine patches or any other drug to give up cigarettes then you may simply be exchanging addictions. In the case of nicotine patches you will actually still have the same addiction, albeit with a healthier delivery method.
So what are some natural ways to quit smoking ?
1. Be clear about your reasons for wanting to stop, make a list of all those reasons such as health and money. Be organised about it, draw up a timetable of weaning yourself off them, or a specific date at which your last cigarette will be smoked.
2. Family and friends can be vital at this point, having their support can be the difference between getting through those hard days without a cigarette, or your resolve breaking. They can also be useful as a voice of power, if you ask your flatmate or partner to do everything in their means to stop you smoking, this can be a great help in removing temptation.
3. Keeping busy is very important as cigarettes are often what people use to fill in time. A new sport can be beneficial for many reasons, in that it can keep you busy and occupied but also many people feel far less desire to smoke once they are getting more regular exercise. Its a win win situation and a great example of one of the better natural ways to quit smoking
4. Remove yourself from temptation. In the beginning when it is really hard not to smoke, avoid all the places and situations that you would normally have a cigarette in. The banning of smoking in most public places has made this far easier than it used to be, and as a result many people have recently quit successfully.
5. Remove the various items that were involved with you smoking. Take the lighters out of your car and plug a cd player in the socket instead. Remove all ashtrays from your car and house as these will all serve as reminders.
6. Try to replace the habit with something else such as drinking a bottle of water. The rehydration will do wonders for your cigarette damaged skin, and having a bottle of water is a great way to replace the habit of smoking. However be careful not to replace the cigarette with a chocolate bar or something similar as this will lead to weight gain and the usual bad feelings that surround this.
7. Help for quitting smoking comes in many forms. There are many helpful books on this single topic of natural ways to quit smoking. Find one that suits you, or check out the resource box of this article to see what I used to help me quit smoking.
Hopefully these tips will help you along the path to a smoke free existence. Moreover it is important to say that although this article is dedicated to natural ways to quit smoking, the most important thing is that you actually do quit, the method used is far less important than the result. So do whatever it takes, and use whatever you need to use so you can leave the cigarettes behind you and move forward to a longer healthier life.
John Samuels was a smoker from age 15 as was his father. They both had to quit when his mother fell ill due to their smoking. John Samuels managed to break free from cigarettes with good family support and some online guides, his story about quitting smoking can be found at natural ways to quit smoking. John Samuels Blog - http://quit-smoking-ways. blogspot.com/
John Samuels was a smoker from age 15 as was his father. They both had to quit when his mother fell ill due to their smoking. John Samuels managed to break free from cigarettes with good family support and some online guides, his story about quitting smoking can be found at natural ways to quit smoking . John Samuels Blog - http://quit-smoking-ways.blogspot.com/