Diabetes is the failure of the body to process sugars as it should be. When we eat or drink our pancreas creates a hormone called insulin. Insulin is released into the blood and helps to adjust the amount of glucose (sugar) in the bloodstream. Diabetes is a condition where this process does not function appropriately. The reasons why this happens are:
- No insulin being produced, often called Type 1 diabetes, and requires the sufferer to use insulin injections, or. . .
- Insulin is made but the body becomes resistant to it. The insulin is really ineffective. This is normally called Type 2 diabetes and is rapidly becoming more common.
The problem is that while diabetes is not instantly life threatening the long term effects of high blood sugar can be damaging to one's health. Uncontrolled diabetes and prolonged high blood sugar levels can, in later life, cause problems to your body part like your kidneys, eyes, nerves and the heart. This may sound harsh; however controlling blood sugar by a combination of herbal remedies, alternative health care procedures, diet and exercise will greatly decrease any long term issues.
The simplest way to check if you have diabetes is to arrange a blood sugar check with your doctor. A tiny sample of blood, obtained by pricking a finger is checked using a small electronic tester. A normal blood sugar level is generally between 72 - 126 mg/dl in the USA. . Diabetes is diagnosed when the body is unable to keep the blood sugar level within these limits.
Someone can have diabetes for months or even years without realizing they have the condition. Diagnosis of diabetes can occur out of the blue during a routine check-up but more often it follows from the sufferer experiencing the “symptoms" of diabetes. These symptoms can be many or few, mild or severe depending on the individual.
The symptoms are:
- No symptoms. Huh? No this is not an error. Many people experience no difference the way they feel and are astonished to find out they have diabetes. Whether you feel fine or not it is important that you take the doctor’s diagnosis to heart.
- Increased thirst. You can drink and drink and drink some more and still feel thirsty. The problem is compounded before diabetes is diagnosed by sufferers drinking abundant amounts of. . . sugary liquids! This only escalates the blood sugar level and leads to increased thirst.
- An increase in urination. Sufferers need to urinate often and pass large volumes every time. Getting up in the middle of a deep sleep at two or three in the morning is very common. This can be very disturbing for many. High sugar levels in the blood spill over into the urine making it syrupy. To counter-act this water is drawn from the body causing dehydration and therefore thirst.
- Weight loss. The main fuel for the body is glucose. Diabetics cannot take care of this properly so it passes into the urine and out of the body. Less fuel means the body's reserve tissues are not working to produce energy. The results are a loss in weight.
Other symptoms include constipation, tiredness, lack of energy, tingling or pins and needles in the hands and feet, blurred vision and increased infections.
If you have experienced any of these symptoms it does not necessarily follow that you are diabetic however it might be advisable to visit your doctor to be sure.
Aron Wallad lowered his blood sugar by over 50 % and regained energy using some easy to use diabetes natural solutions . Grab your free ecourse about diabetes. Go here right now http://www.diabetesnaturalsolutions.com