Though a quick weight loss program is generally not considered the ideal way to lose weight permanently and healthily, here are some tips you can follow if you want a short-term, quick-fix solution.
These quick weight loss tips will allow you to lose some weight and inches rapidly for a short-term purpose, such as comfortably fitting into your dress for an unexpected event coming at a short notice (say, 15 days) or looking good in your bikini during an outing on the beach.
Here they are:
- Reduce your salt intake: During the few days you have for losing weight, reduce your salt (to be more precise, sodium) intake to minimal. This will help reduce water retention in the body, resulting in less body weight.
- Increase your water intake: Drinking plenty of water has the same effect as reducing your sodium intake.
- Reduce your carbs intake: Reducing your intake of carbohydrates, especially refined carbohydrates, and substituting them with proteins will also lead to quick weight loss.
- Avoid gas-producing foods: Eating gas-producing foods like kidney beans and cabbage can add a couple of inches to your tummy due to bloating. So avoid them for the time being.
- Eat small portions but more frequently: Eating small portions will firstly ensure that the stomach does not lose its shape due to bloating. Secondly, it ensures that you burn up all the calories you eat in a single meal, with no excess calories left for being stored as fat in the body.
- Keep yourself physically active throughout the day: This will keep your metabolism perked up and you will keep burning calories throughout the day.
- Do stretches, leg raises and abdominal exercises: These will tighten and strengthen your abdominal area, giving a slim look to your stomach. Even otherwise, keep your abdominal muscles tightened and pulled up throughout the day. Doing so will burn additional calories.
- Eat wisely: Completely avoid calorie-rich fatty and sugary foods like chips, cakes, pastries, ice creams, sodas, etc. Instead go for fiber-rich fresh fruits and vegetables. Fiber too helps in this case.
However, if your past experiences indicate that your body does not generally respond quickly to any weight loss tips, then there are many commercial diets and weight loss plans available in the market to help you out in losing weight quickly. You can resort to one of such weight loss plans in addition to following the above tips.
Remember that to lose weight in a more healthy manner and on a long-term basis you need to adopt a sustained weight loss exercise plan focusing on fat loss as well as muscle mass buildup, in addition to diet control because weight lost rapidly can also be gained back rapidly.
Download your FREE Exercise Secrets that can lead to a healthier you at http://www.fatburnworks.com/AbConscious.html . Discover the truth about losing weight permanently at http://www.fatburnworks.com/weightloss .