To coin an old phrase in an updated way, nobody wants a new wrinkle when it comes to their skin.
Aging skin and wrinkles occur because of intrinsic and extrinsic factors. Intrinsic factors are internal, hereditary and passed on through your genes. Further, once you turn thirty, your skin's connective fibers, elastin and collagen, begin to breakdown and signs of aging occur naturally. Extrinsic factors are external, environmental elements that can affect the condition of your skin. Examples of extrinsic factors that can cause wrinkles include pollution, smoking, sun exposure, poor diet and tanning.
There are several ways to control extrinsic factors to improve the appearance of your skin, cure wrinkles and slow the aging process:
- Use a sunscreen and avoid staying out in the sun too long. Also, remember to use a sunscreen during all four seasons.
- Avoid tanning salons because the UV rays are detrimental to your skin.
- Make sure to user a cleanser and toner twice a day to remove all traces of pollution and makeup.
- Using a mask once a week deep cleans pores to remove excess dirt and oils, revealing a healthier complexion.
- Use warm water, not hot, when cleansing your skin. Hot water can rob your skin of essential natural oils.
- Apply a moisturizer after cleansing your skin twice a day. Select a moisturizer that is suitable for your skin type. A moisturizer with antioxidant ingredients, such as aloe, helps to keep your skin even more youthful.
- Try using a humidifier to keep your skin hydrated all day long.
- Quit smoking because is is terrible for your skin and your health.
- Drink six to eight glasses of water each day to hydrate yourself from the inside out.
- Exercise for at least a half hour three times a week to improve circulation. Increasing the blood flow to your tissues will improve the elasticity of your skin.
- Eat well-balanced meals and take a multivitamin supplement to ensure your body is getting all the nutrients needed for maximum health.
A few simple lifestyle changes can prevent and cure wrinkles and improve your skin along with your everyday health.
Ryan Cote is the owner of ChinaDollSkin.com , milk and plant-based anti aging skin care products . Experience the difference skin care from nature can make.