The Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical trainer is Nordic Tracks top of the line elliptical cross trainer. Nordic Track is part of Icon the largest fitness manufacture in the world. The Key feature of the CX 1055 is the ability to change the slope or incline of the stride, which effectively changes the shape of the stride. This truly makes the elliptical trainer a true cross trainer.
The relatively new technology is owned and patented by Procor. Icon is licensing it for Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical trainer. Icon is known for its fitness equipment marketing expertise and the addition of the new technology to its line of elliptical trainers is typical of its corporate strategy.
We searched our local area for a Nordic Track CX 1055 to try out for our review. We could only find 3 these elliptical trainers within commuting distance. After considerable amount of effort we finally found a Nordic Track CX 1055 owner that would let us use their elliptical trainer for testing. We immediately discovered that one of our testers would not be able to use the elliptical trainer. Our weight lifter and martial artist weighs in at 280 lbs and the weight limit for the Nordic Track CX 1055 is 250 lbs.
The three remaining testers each used the CX 1055 elliptical trainer for 5 days. It immediately became apparent that the power incline is a very good feature. The owner stated that this feature was the primary reason for purchasing this unit. You can easily target several different muscle groups during a 30 minute workout. The units’ owner has had one warranty issue that remains unresolved concerning the console. Occasionally the electronics would shut down with no apparent reason.
The Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical trainer has several good features that you will want to consider when purchasing an elliptical trainer. These include
- Power on the fly incline changes that allow you to target more muscle groups.
- Bright display console
- Relatively quiet Magnetic resistance
- A total of 19 fitness routines
- IFite compatibility that provides additional fitness programs and information.
- One-year warranty instead of the standard 90 day for parts and labor.
- At $999.00 it is relatively low priced.
- The MyDesign allows you to design your own workout program.
Elliptical trainer purchasers will also want to consider some of what we consider as negative features of the Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical trainer. These include.
- Poor quality of components
- Less than average reliability
- 250 lbs weight limitation eliminates many overweight people from using this elliptical trainer.
- The elliptical trainer becomes quite load during intensive workouts'
- Flimsy plastic parts that shake during workouts.
- Cardio grip was fickle working for one tester but not another.
- The 18-inch Stride may be to short for some users when the power incline is in use.
We feel that the Nordic Track CX 1055 is probably a good buy for casual in home use. You certainly get a lot of great features at a good price. However considering that it is an Icon company product the reliability of this elliptical trainer is in question. The Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical trainer does have a one-year warranty for parts and labor. Never the less we always suggest that you purchase an extended warranty when purchasing any piece of fitness equipment.
James Kesel< MS. is the publisher of Elliptical Trainer Information website, We have information on Nautilus .