Acne laser treatment is an effective method of eliminating scars ensuing from acne as well as clearing up already existing acne. It has been recently approved for treating severe acne and curing pimples. If you want to get rid of the ugly scars on your skin, laser treatment is the last alternative for you.
Usually people, who have suffered from scars due to severe or cystic acne, can opt for laser treatment. It is difficult to treat acne scars and often results in discontent if a scar treatment fails. Laser acne treatment has grown in popularity, as dermatologists have achieved commendable progress in its advancement.
How laser treatment works
For those in fix whether to go for a laser treatment for acne. You should know how a laser treatment of acne is done. Laser acne treatment device first emits a flat laser beam that is focused on the affected areas. It emits energetic heat under the skin's surface and reduces the size of the sebaceous glands, which are mainly responsible for acne. Although this illustration might seem bloody, but be sure the whole procedure is relatively pain-free.
Types of laser treatment for acne
You have various kinds of laser acne treatment, so you should consult a dermatologist before choosing such a treatment. Some of them are as below:
1. Nonablative Treatment - In this a laser is focused under your skin that stimulates collagen production and constrict the skin in the area
2. Erbium Treatment – It is another type in which heat is passed through water molecules and consequently gets into the patient's skin. This ends acne breakout, removes facial wrinkles and acne blemishes.
3. Carbon Dioxide Treatment – It is the best technique of all as laser treatment for acne as it is able to cure all types of acne.
4. Smoothbeam laser treatment - It proliferates growth of collagen, which smoothens the skin’s surface. This treatment is given to the people with acne after using the topical local anesthetic.
Redness may appear around the affected area after completion of the laser treatment. After the laser treatment, people with acne are advised to Sun protection formula to avoid sun tanning.
1. Fraxel laser treatment - It is the first non-ablative resurfacing laser treatment of its kind in the world. It is the best treatment for severe acne.
2. Vbeam laser and IPL treatment – These are very effective while treating acne on the surface of skin. It focuses on the very small blood cells, and develops the skin’s color leading to treating acne from the body.
The time you need to recover depends on the amount of treatment you require. In most cases people experience some redness and swelling. The redness goes away faster, only the swelling lasts for few weeks after the treatment.
There are some advantages of laser acne treatment for scars, which needs a mention. Firstly, it is easy to control the depth of treatment unlike most other treatments. Some may be surface scars and do not require deep treatment to fix while others may be very deep scars and need a deeper laser penetration. Secondly, laser treatment on acne could smoothen wrinkles.
It is a fact that controversies hover over the safety and effectiveness of this technique used for acne treatment. This is quite a new method, so long-term negative effects are yet to be determined. The laser treatment is always a safe option for those who do not wish to take risk of prolonged use of antibiotics for their acne. There are some instances where laser acne treatment did not work as desired. Whereas in others cases, it has been an enormous success all over the world.
1. Robert Sheehan is a freelance writer and co-owner of http://www.myacneskintreatments.com. Visit Robert And read more about treating acne at http://www.myacneskintreatments.com/Best-Acne-Treatments.html