As the last of the baby boomers approach the half century mark, looking in their mirrors has them realizing they don't appear to look as young as they used to. They are searching for novel ways to help erase or reduce those fine wrinkle lines on the face.
In reducing or erasing those fine lines from around the eyes, forehead, and around lips, quick, expensive, and (not long lasting), experimental methods such as ‘Botox’ injections lure in potential clients from all walks of life or gender.
A common syndrome of being over 40 is sometimes a vain need to look younger, thus making one feel younger. But before you go jumping on the ‘Botox’ injection bandwagon to temporarily handle those annoying fine lines on your face consider some of these demonstrative details:
1. In 2002 the FDA first approved the use of this drug to be used on the vertical furrows between the eyes and using it elsewhere on the face is considered off label use.
2. Using ‘Botox’ injections for cosmetic purposes, if used on more than one area of the face, will subject you to being exposed to higher than recommended doses.
3. There is lack of long term surveillance of repeated use of this toxic drug. Basically you are experimenting at your own risk with one of the most toxic poisons known to humans.
4. Erasing or reducing of those unwanted facial lines will only last for 4 months. It will be necessary to repeat the injections to retain that more youthful appearance.
5. All that is currently known about treating facial lines with ‘Botox’ is that it is a very powerful toxic agent that is limited to short term studies with generally low-dose exposures.
6. You should thoroughly research the doctor or professional you are considering, as horror stories have emerged involving over zealous individuals using highly concentrated forms of this poison intended for laboratory use only.
If clearer, moister, and more tautly looking facial skin is important to you, you may be interested in taking a more natural approach. Natural methods are much less expensive, and not as time consuming as you may expect.
In the time it takes for an expensive toxic poison treatment to lose it's effectiveness, you can accomplish much the same results with nutritional methods. Your skin is no different than other parts of your body in its nutritional needs to be feed healthy ingredients to look radiant.
Healthy skin really depends on much needed nutrients to help it keep it's elasticity and firmness. Getting plenty of a wide variety of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, and essential fatty acids in your diet and using some added supplementing will help maintain a more wrinkle free and youthful appearance.
Most would overlook this one great tip but please do not! Drink plenty of pure water and not a lot of coffee, tea, or sugary soda beverages, the water in them does not count as pure water. Drink at least everyone's 2 quarts a day bare minimum. Ideally however, drink half your body weight in ounces of pure water each day remembering to include some salt along with water intake.
Nothing more than plain water will do several important jobs in promoting healthy skin. Water will hydrate skin cells, move toxins out of the body and move nutrients in to the skin cells. An adequately hydrated body sweats more efficiently and will help keep your skin pores clear and help clean themselves properly.
Healthy skin, and this includes your face, is really a outside picture of your inner health. If you are using expensive creams, lotions, or investing in expensive experimental treatments such as ‘Botox’ injections, all these are designed to do is give you short term results and keep you coming back for more.
You can even avoid the high price tags of the more expensive cosmetics by consuming the right foods and beverages and avoid the wrong choices.
Beautiful skin definitely begins naturally from the inside and radiates positive results you can see from the outside. Smarter diet choices work wonders of which, the most important choice begins with nothing more than pure water!
Brenda Skidmore has spent the last four years researching natural health care alternatives. She can attest to the many benefits of natural practical cures and preventive strategies for human health. Along with the many medical professionals whose published works she has studied. It is her sincere desire to bring forth this knowledge for the betterment of mankind. To improve your life today visit mywater4life.com