If you suffer from acne you should not be too concerned. This is is a very common condition which most people face at some point in their life. Teenage boys and girls are especially prone to the condition. However it can in some cases become a serious problem unless you take steps to take care of your skin and protect it from the on coming of acne.
First of all, why do people suffer from acne? People suffer from it as as result of having over active oil glands residing at the base of their hair follicles on their skin. What triggers this more than anything is hormone change during their teenage years thus causing the glands to become overactive and creating the disorder known as acne.
So having cleared up the definition of acne, here are a few important free tips to get rid of acne.
1. The first free tip to get rid of acne is that you should try and keep your skin as smooth and clean as possible. Wash your face at least two or three times a day and keep it moisturised using a mild moisturising lotion. To clean your face it is always best to find one that is suitable to your kind of skin.
2. Don't opt only for medical solutions to treat your acne. Natural remedies that work are much better for your skin that man made ones which may well contain chemicals that your skin is allergic to and which could cause your acne to deteriorate.
3. If you do use a drug, natural or otherwise, that was prescribed give it time to take effect. It is not an over night process for the drug to take effect so be patient and the results will show in few short weeks.
4. If the prescription for your acne makes you feel in anyway uncomfortable or make you feel ill you should immediately seek the advice of your dermatologist or doctor.
5. If you wear make up or use cosmetics at all be cautious and in particular avoid ones that are oil based as this could aggravate your acne even more.
6. Don't let the fact that you suffer from acne make you feel down. It is a common symptom that everyone suffers from even adults. Having the right approach and mental attitude to the problem will also help you get rid of acne.
7. Diet is very important to fend away the symptoms of acne. Stay away from junk food like crisps, chips, hamburgers etc. These are full of saturated fats that will make your acne worse. Aim to take low calorie food which are low in fat. And also make sure that you take plenty of vitamins and eat foods full of anti-toxins that will actually help you get rid of acne naturally.
8. Stay informed on all the latest news on acne. If there is a new treatment that can help you rid of your acne condition then you need to know about it. Equally if there are foods, cosmetics or other new factors that cause or are at the root of causing acne, then you need to know about it.
The above free tips to get rid of acne are not extensive. There are many more free tips to get rid of acne you can find by searching the internet or by buying magazines and books that deal with health and beauty or natural remedies.
Ivan Calderwell is the editor of http://bestofthebuys.info/acne/ ,
which specializes in providing helpful information on acne products
resources for anyone who is concerned with acne problems. Go here for more details: http://bestofthebuys.info/acne/