Despite long years of research and study, scientists do not have an accurate theory on how and why migraines occur. It is not well understood why brain activities changes and leads to migraines.
Just as there is no concrete evidence on what causes migraines, anyone can just take necessary precautions to prevent it from happening. Here are some simple ways to avoid migraines.
1. Improvise your own action plan. Create a personalized action plan to help you stop the recurring migraines. Your plans can help you control or cut down the episodes of migraine.
The following are some suggested questions you should answer to have vivid information of migraine attacks:
Having enough information of your attacks can help you plan on how to counter act migraines.
2. Keep a diary and record the symptoms, descriptions and triggers of the attack. The records can help you when discussing the history and pattern of migraines to your physician. Some useful questions to jot on your diary are as follows:
3. Know what activates the migraines. Familiarize yourself with the triggers which act as switch that turn on your migraine. We are not hypothesizing that triggers causes migraine; what we are trying to do is to look for the triggers that can be an initial step tp prevent headaches.
Here are some of the ordinary triggers:
4. Manage stress. Learning and understanding how to manage stress can be effective on reducing migraine attacks. Here are some of the techniques to manage stress:
4. Because certain foods and food ingredients and some drugs can trigger migraines, the best way to eliminate the pain is to eliminate the triggers.
The foods to avoid are cheese, caffeine, processed meats, foods with MSG, alcohol and vinegar, certain bread products, juices and other citrus fruits, yogurt, nuts and certain vegetables such as pea pods.
Among the medications, the following should be avoided: hormonal pills, blood pressure and asthma medications and other pain relievers. I am not trying to force you out of medications, it is better to consult your doctor for proper diagnosis.
Migraines can be bearable but devastating some times. Just an onset of the symptoms can traumatized you and can affect your whole life. Following the simple ways presented here are just some few of the steps to ease your pain. An ounce of prevention is always better than cure. Preventing the occurrences can be beneficial and can help you a lot.
For more information now go to: http://www.byebyemigraine.com , http://www.myalpha-power.com.com , or http://www.aperfectharmony.com