We want to look our best to feel good about ourselves. We gain self esteem with how other people view us physically and it would be nicer if we have a clearer skin. Acne is very painful to deal with and it is often hard to find the right treatment for it.
Acne is caused by dirt and surface oil on the skin that clogs the pores. There are other factors that are said to contribute to acne like stress, diet and poor hygiene. There are plenty of over the counter skin care products that you can buy in the various stores that promise you can regain your clear skin, regular visit to dermatologist can do really help in treating your skin blemishes.
However, these skin care products and visits to the dermatologists can also harm your wallet. Why not try these home acne and herbal remedies that can help treat your acne?
1. Before bedtime apply toothpaste on the pimples and wash off in the morning. Repeat several times until the pimple is gone.
2. Wash you face with a neem based soap and lukewarm water at least twice daily.
3. Ripe tomato pulp can be used on your pimples by applying it on the affected area and keeping it for an hour.
4. Women should always remove their entire make up before retiring to bed and they should wash their face thoroughly.
5. Put strawberry leaves on your pimples and leave them over night. Swelling of the acne will be prevented because of the leaves’ alkalinity.
6. You may also apply fresh lemon juice on your face and wash off after an hour.
7. Apply equal mixture of lemon juice extract and rose water on your face and let it stay for an hour for fifteen days.
8. Mix turmeric powder and mint leaves extract on your pimples, wash off after 15 to 20 minutes. 9. Use ice before bedtime or simply wash face with cold water.
10. Eat healthy foods like fresh fruits and vegetables.
11. Make a paste out of milk, sandal wood and turmeric powder and apply it on your face.
12. A popular acne home remedy is by cleansing your face with cotton dipped in rose water.
13. In boiling water drop a slice of lemon and drink as an alternative to your coffee.
14. For your black heads, white heads and wrinkles, you may apply grated potatoes on your face and wash off after an hour.
15. Grate cucumber to make a paste and apply on your face and leave for an hour.
16. Rub fresh garlic on your acne and it will disappear like magic.
17. Make a mixture with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply on affected areas frequently.
18. Boil water and add 2 to 3 teaspoons of dried basil. Apply on your face with a cotton ball.
19. Get the egg whites of an egg and apply on your face and wash off when it dries. This is also an effective way to get rid of black heads and white heads.
20. Use lavender oil and apply directly on the affected areas
21. Apply vinegar with ground black cumin on the affected area and leave for 15 minutes.
22. Make a paste by adding to 3 teaspoons of honey to a teaspoon of cinnamon. Apply on the affected areas before bedtime and wash it off the next morning.
23. Another effective treatment for acne is by applying aloe vera juice on the affected areas. This is also an good source of moisturizer.
Always remember to wash your face gently twice or thrice a day and try not to squeeze your acne to avoid leading to infections. A key to a healthy skin is to live a healthy lifestyle by drinking plenty of fresh juices from fruits and vegetables and avoiding empty calorie foods like white breads, donuts, cakes and dairy products. Practice a stress-free lifestyle and always be happy. Follow these home remedies and you will surely achieve a clear skin without hurting your pockets.
Dave Poon is an accomplished writer who specializes in the latest in Skin Treatment. For more information regarding Home Acne Remedies please drop by at http://www.acneforumtoday.com/