Open comedones, often referred as Blackheads, are caused by too much accumulation of sebum and its hardening in your skin pores. The blocked toxins are lumped over your skin. This is a combination of lymph fluid, blood, and sebum which will create then a sticky gel. The exposed area corrodes and becomes black. That is why it is called blackheads.
This is mostly experienced by the teenagers and adults. It is said so because during this stage, the production of sebum increases due to active hormones. Blackheads are type of acne wherein it could be prevented just by having good skin hygiene.
Easy Tips in Getting Rid of Blackheads
Tip 1: Facial Cleansers
- choose a facial cleanser that is intended for oily skin.
Tip 2: Astringent
- applying astringent on your skin helps to reduce oiliness.
Tip 3: Medicated Cream or Gel
- creams and gel preferably that which contains benzoyl peroxide, salycyclic acid, or resorcinol helps in saturating the oil and shedding away the blackheads. Tip 4: Exfoliators and Facial Scrubs
- use this products 4 to 5 times a week to exfoliate your skin.
In case you don’t have the means of buying these products, there are natural ways on how to get rid this type of acne.
Natural Ways of Getting Rid Blackheads
1. Your hair is always exposed to dirt. Whenever your hair touches your face, it can spread the infection causing blackheads on your skin. That is why it is better to put hair pins to avoid your hair going over your face.
2. Sun bathing is good for the skin. This is because through sun bathing, skin peeling is possible. This will clean up blocked pores. But remember, everything should be done in moderation.
3. Don’t wash your face with soap too often. This would irritate your skin and will possibly create more infection on the affected part.
4. If the blackhead is ready to burst out, you could remove it with the use of your finger or blackhead extractor. But before doing this, better to steam the surface of the infected part first. If you’ll be using your fingers to prick the blackhead, better use a tissue to prevent further irritation. Don’t apply too much pressure because it might bruise the infected part.
5. Practice good skin hygiene. This will not just help in getting rid of blackheads; it will also prevent them from coming.
Remember: It is always necessary to consult first your dermatologist before applying anything on your skin. Be sure that the creams or gels you buy are safe and suitable to your skin type. It is not helpful that you just trust what you see on advertisements.
What you see is not always what you get. People often neglect visiting specialists because they’re thinking about the money to be spent on their professional fees, but they don’t realize that they’ll be spending more if they’re allergic to their chosen product. This would create a more tragic result on their skin.
It pays to have a flawless skin. Having a beautiful and fairer skin is an investment. If you wish to have a smooth and spot free skin or maintain the beauty your skin presently have, you have to do some safety precautions before putting anything on your face and that includes visiting a skin specialist.
Dave Poon is an accomplished writer who specializes in the latest in Skin Treatment. For more information regarding Blackheads please drop by at http://www.acneforumtoday.com/