How to get rid of a canker sore Canker sores are red ulceration with white edges that grow inside the mouth and the tongue. They are painful and uncomfortable. As of this time, the exact cause of canker sore has not been established. However, we discuss here a few of the causes as determined by medical professionals. We also give you some useful tips on how to treat it if you have it.
How to get rid of canker sore starts by understanding a few proven causes of canker sores. People may get canker sore from several causes. It is therefore necessary that you assess where your canker sore come from.
Common causes of canker sore
- Vitamin deficiency
- Food allergies
- Sharp-edged and hard foods
- Acidic foods
Helpful tips and treatment for canker sore
- Vitamin supplements especially Vitamin B complex and Vitamin C will help heal the sore quickly.
- Strong mouthwash gargled for 60 seconds may help kill the bacteria. Do this before going to bed, immediately upon waking and at least once or twice during the day.
- Salt and water solution used as mouthwash may also be helpful.
- Over the counter covering and numbing preparations may also be of help relieve the pain i. e. , Orabase, or Colgate Soothe and Seal.
- Herbal preparations may also do well for you i. e. , Burdock, Lady’s Mantle and Sage.
- You may also use wet tea bags, and press it on the ulcer. The tannic acid in tea is an astringent that will help relieve the pain and speed up healing.
- For stress related canker sores, relaxation exercises may help avoid the development of canker sore.
Get Rid of Canker Sores for Good!! !