Xbox 360 has over 700 games on the market that provide fun for the entire family. Parents as well as their children get easily wrapped up in the challenge and excitement. It's no wonder that Xbox 360 owners want to know how to burn Xbox 360 games to guarantee that they're always available.
Many new Xbox gamers are not aware that they can burn Xbox games, fearing the experience of copying their expensive games after listening to older gamers tell of the copying difficulties encountered when the games were first introduced to the marketplace. Today, learning how to burn Xbox 360 games is fairly straightforward, but specially designed game copying software is required because the common software applications that are available for copying music and video CDs and DVDs will not work on the copy protected Xbox 360 games.
Fortunately for gamers, several software developers have developed software applications that can bypass the Xbox games’ copy protection schemes and burn Xbox 360 games and make perfectly useable copies. This technology can be used to burn Xbox 360 games instead of going through the expense of buying them. Of course, this pirating of disks is illegal and not endorsed. The software's primary value is that it enables Xbox game owners to safeguard their investment in their original games by enabling them to burn Xbox 360 games for protection in case the original game is damaged or lost.
No matter which game copying application that you use to burn Xbox games, the copying procedure itself is similar and quite simple. All you need to make successful copies is a computer with a DVD burner, the special software, the original Xbox game, and a blank disk. Once the software is installed and running, insert the original game and follow the onscreen instructions. When prompted, replace the original disk with the DVD blank and follow the onscreen instructions. When prompted, remove the copied game, and you're in business.
There are a couple of methods that have been popular for burning Xbox 360 games: burning them with Imgburn, and burning them without modification. Each of these methods is discussed below. In order to burn Xbox 360 games using either method, you will need a computer with a DVD burner, your original game disks, and some DVD blank disks. It is recommended that you use dual layered disks. They may be a little more expensive than the standard disks, but your are creating copies of a valuable game and should use the best media available.
How to Burn Xbox 360 Games - Procedure I: Using a Modified Xbox 360 Console.
This procedure requires that the Xbox console itself be modified by installing a special modified chip onto the Xbox motherboard. This should be done only by an expert.
1. Insert a blank DVD into the appropriate drive.
2. Ensure that no other applications are running on the computer. In a short time, information about the DVD should display on the screen. If the information does not display, click the refresh button. On the form displayed, enter all of the information required.
3. Dual layered DVDs divide the data being burned into two different layers. Set the layer break at 1913760, and make sure that the DVD is readable.
4. Set the recording speed. It is recommended that the recording speed be set to low to ensure that the data being written on the DVD is correct. A recording speed of 2.4X is optimum.
5. Drag and drop the files that you want to burn into the drop area, and click the Burn button. With some Xbox games, you'll be required to change some patch setting. This process is referred to as Stealth Patching. When this is necessary, a prompt window will ask you to click the Patch button.
The time it takes to copy an Xbox game using an Xbox console that has been modified varies, depending upon the game being copied.
How to Burn Xbox 360 Games - Procedure II: Using an Unmodified Xbox 360 Console.
This procedure requires the use of special game copying software that is designed to bypass the copy protection scheme that is integrated into the Xbox console.
1. Install the special game copying software application, using the step by step tutorial that is supplied with the software.
2. Insert the original Xbox 360 game disk into the appropriate computer drive.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to copy the files from the game disk to the computer's hard drive.
4. Remove the game disk, insert the blank DVD onto which the original game files are to be copied, and copy the files from the hard drive by following the onscreen instructions.
5. Remove the copied disk when indicated.
Using one of the two procedures given above, you can copy your Xbox 360 games with ease. Anyone can learn how to burn Xbox 360 games, including you. Select which method you want to use, gather your games and all needed supplies, and go for it.
What is the best website to download xbox 360 games? Our favorite site is Everything 4 360. Click the Everything 4 360 Review for more. . .