Here are some top tips on making cheap World of Warcraft gold. You don't have to be a mug and buy wow gold. Simply follow these gold making strategies and start making easy wow gold right from the early levels. Making money in wow isn't hard and its free if you know how:
- Don't gear up too early.
Avoid spending your gold on unnecessary gear during your early levels (1-20). You'll pick up most items for your level from quests and drops. Save your hard-earned gold for future investments.
- Adopt a sensible combination of primary professions - one that gathers and one to craft the gathered material into useful gear and items to trade. The greater your skill in a given profession, the more valuable and tradable the items you will be able to craft.
- Don't forget about the secondary professions: Fishing, Cooking and First Aid. There's gold to be made from them. See my article on Fishing for World of Warcraft Gold.
- Seek out sought after patterns and recipes.
Some of the best crafted items are learned from hard-to-find patterns and recipes - not from a trainer. Be on the look out for those cunning of traders, the Goblins, who often possess limited numbers of sought after patterns and recipes.
- The bigger the bags the better.
Save your gold and buy some really big bags as quickly as you can. You'll need them to hold loot from grinding, questing and gathering. Ask a friendly Tailor in your Guild to make you some if this is not one of your professions. ( See the link below for my wow bag guide.
- Use your friendly banker. Make good use of the Banking slots located in the capital cities to store items you can't use immediately. Start each round of questing, grinding and gathering with near empty bags.
- Learn the Auction House. You must learn how to use the Auction House early on, for this is where you make most of your gold. Sell all Green, Blue and Purple items at auction (if you don't need them); Grey items are considered trash and can be sold to any vendor.
- Trash or trade? Remember, not all grey items are trash. Much mundane material is sought after for crafting. Research the Auction House and find out what is selling. Stone, for example, is widely used in Engineering and Blacksmithing.
- Get the price right. Research the price of an item before you put it up for auction. Search for your item in the Auction House and make a note of the lowest and highest buyout price. Set both a bid and buyout price that is competitive - not too low and not too high.
- Hawk your wares - by learning how to use the Trade Channel to shout about your auction items. Learn from the Goblins in this matter - “We have what you need!"
Marcus Ty is a level 70 Alliance Mage of Stormwind and has written extensively on the art and craft of making World of Warcraft Gold. His tips and strategies are chronicled in The Journal of Marcus Ty - Gold Making Guide which is free to subscribers. More articles may also be found on his World of Warcraft Gold Blog together with details on how to contact the great Mage.