Making gold in World of Warcraft is easy if you have a strategy. The better the strategy, the more gold you will be making. In this article I have put together 6 quick tips that can form a simple but successful strategy for making gold in World of Warcraft.
1. Know what the Auction House prices are on your server. If you can buy low and sell high when other players make mistakes pricing, you can make gold very quickly.
2. Sell transmutes. Players with high level alchemy or tailoring can use transmutation to sell profitable items in the auction house.
3. Sell recipes. Sometimes great recipes will drop while you are out grinding. Some of these are rare and will sell at the Auction House for big money.
4. Drop your crafting profession and take up two gathering professions. You should always take up skinning because it doesn't require a tracker, and at least 25% of the mobs you kill while leveling are beasts and therefore are skinnable (you can also skin the corpses that other players have left for you that are not skinned). Skin any mobs that you kill and sell the hides or leathers in the auction house.
5. Fish for Deviate Fish. The Savory Deviate Delight is a favorite cooking recipe for many characters because of the random effects it has. A stack of Deviate Fish, which is the main ingredient, will sell very well on the Auction House.
6. Keep the meat you find on dead animals. Some of these stacks can sell for a surprising amount on the Auction House because players need them for cooking. Check the prices on your server to see if it is worth it.
If you want to be even more successful at making gold in World of Warcraft, you will need a more elaborate plan. Warcraft Wealth is the best guide on the market for becoming a rich character. Check out my Warcraft Wealth review here and see what makes it so great.