Anyone looks forward to a glass of good quality champagne. Champagne has been around for quite some time now and it's mainly used for toasts at important birthdays, weddings, christenings and engagements. Champagne is usually widely related to luxury and high life. Just about anyone who strives for this kind of life-style, or that already lives it dreams about including a few of the more costly brands of champagne to their lifestyles. A large part of the richer guys also choose to drink champagne from pure satisfaction.
There are tons of expensive brands of champagne on the planet at the moment, however the most high-priced one is certainly Piper Heidsieck 1907. There is a lot of historical past behind this brand, if you didn’t know. If you’re here to learn several intriguing things about the world’s most valuable champagne brand, then you are undoubtedly in the proper place. We have created a list of six essential facts that will most likely kindle the eye of every champagne enthusiast out there!
1. Piper Heidsieck 1907 was basically going to reach St Petersburg for Tsar Nicolas II in 1916. Unfortunately, the ship that transported it, Jonkomping, never managed to reach its location as it was sunken. Until a short while ago, it rested at the bottom of the sea close to Finland.
2. The wreck was discovered in 1997 by a bunch of divers. A year later, the wreck was finally elevated and the remarkable cargo was found. In addition to the top quality champagne, people also found expensive Cognac and Burgundy wines. These didn't find a way to survive, however.
3. The precise variety of Piper Heidsieck 1907 bottles recovered was 2000. It continues to be a miracle how they were able to preserve themselves in such a good condition for such a long time. Toasters reported that the quality was superb! Between the first buyers was Ritz Carlton hotel.
4. Even though it is extensively thought that a bottle of Piper Heidsieck 1907 comes for $275,000 this is really not the case. This massive price is only a misinformation that has been spread over the internet over time; the true price is substantially lower, about $35,000. This value has been established by an insider.
5. Piper Heidsieck 1907 is one of the very few champagne brands with a rich history and cultural heritage behind it. For a number of people, it is quite the honor to be capable to encounter a taste from 1907!