For those of you wanting a little more kick out of your classic 7 layer salad, this recipe could be just what you're looking for. I love Mexican food. I love salads too. This Spicy Taco 7 Layer Salad recipe is the perfect combination of those two loves. By keeping the layers in the appropriate order, you can prepare and store this dish in advance without having to worry too much about it getting soggy. I definitely recommend trying out this recipe at your next get together.
Ingredients for the Spicy Taco 7 Layer Salad Recipe:
3 cups of Romaine Lettuce
2 cups of Tortilla Chips (crushed)
1 1/2 cups of Yellow Onion (chopped)
1 pound of Ground Beef
1 1/2 cups of Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
2 cups of Salsa (medium flavored)
1 1/2 cups of Sour Cream
If you think that the salsa will be too hot for you, simply replace it with a mild version. And on the other side, if you'd really like to spice things up a bit, just add three tablespoons of hot sauce to the salsa. Or include some chopped up jalapenos to the recipe.
1. Chop up the romaine lettuce and place in bottom of a large bowl for the first layer.
2. Take your crushed tortilla chips and distribute evenly over the lettuce to make your second layer.
3. Next, spread the yellow onion over the tortilla chips to form your third layer of the salad.
4. Cook up the ground beef in a frying pan. Make sure to remove as much grease off the meat as possible. Generally, I squeeze out most of the grease using a spatula, and then pat down the cooked beef firmly with a few pieces of paper towel. Spread ground beef over the onion for layer four.
5. Carefully spoon the salsa over all of the ground beef. This gives you the spicy fifth layer.
6. Generously spread the cheddar cheese over the ground beef for your next layer. If you do this shortly after the ground beef has been cooked, you get the cheese to melt into it.
7. For the final layer, you are going to evenly add the sour cream on top of the cheese.
8. Cover the salad bowl with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator overnight.
9. When it comes time to serve the salad, just toss it quickly and add any additional spices and toppings.
If you like Mexican food, then you will absolutely love my Spicy Taco 7 Layer Salad recipe. I especially like the crunchiness of the tortilla chips mixed together with lettuce and salsa. Occasionally, I won't refrigerate the salad overnight and instead serve it while it's still warm. Its like eating a taco in a bowl. Delicious and your hands are kept clean.
Want to get more recipes like the 7 layer salad recipe above?
Visit my site at http://www.UltimateRecipeBookCollection.com to learn about how to get thousands of recipes just like this one. Chances are that you're bored with your normal meals. Why not try a new dish tonight? Come to my website to get more information.
This article can be reprinted by newsletter/ezine owners and webmasters as long as the links are kept active and none of the content is altered.