Vegetable pancake (ya chae jeon)
Or Korean pizza, which I like to call this! Obviously, I love pizza. I can't deny that and the Korean version is a classic Korean food. And no, you won't find melted cheese with pepperoni but something crispy with some seafood. I remember eating this in Korea with some soju (Korean liquor). I could not get enough of it! Although there a lot of different versions in restaurants. This Korean Recipe is the basic one.
Ingredients: ½ cup of flour, 2/3 cup of water, 2/3 cup of chopped scallops or other seafood, green onions, asian chives (or regular chives if you can't find), zucchini , green chili pepper, 1 ts salt, 1 egg, vegetable oil.
Let's cooking the yummy Korean Recipe:
* Place ½ cup of flour, 1 ts salt, 2/3 cup of water in a big bowl and mix it.
* Chop ½ cup of green onions, 1 cup of asian chives and shred ½ cup of zucchini.
* Put chopped vegetables into the mixture of flour and water and mix it up.
* Chop 2/3 cup scallop. I put also some mini shrimp of same amount.
* In a big heated pan, put some oil and spread the vegetable pancake batter thinly. Lower the the heat
down to medium.
* Place the chopped seafood over the top and press it down with a spoon or spatula.
* When the pancake is cooked about 70%, beat one egg and spread it in the center of the
pancake and cook a few minutes over low heat.
* Turn the pancake over with a spatula.
* Add more oil and cook for few minutes. And serve it hot with dip sauce.
Tip: to make crispier, add more oil and spread the pancake mixture thinly.
Dip sauce: mix 1 TBS of soy sauce and ½ TBS of vinegar.
More Of Cooking Korean Food at http://koreanrecipeblog.muxgo.com