Christmas recipe serves: 8
calories per serving: 685
preparation time: 30 minutes + chilling
cooking time: 50 minutes
Suitable for freezing
Christmas recipe ingredients:
- white flour, plain 175 g (6 oz)
- butter, 225 g (8oz)
- caster sugar, 124 g (4 oz)
- orange, grated rind and juice from 1
- egg yolk, 1
- prunes, no-soak pitted 225 g (8 oz)
- eating apple, 1
- calvados, 60 ml (4 tbsp)
- almonds, ground 25 g (8 oz)
- eggs, beaten 2
- almonds, slivered or flaked 25 g (1 oz)
- apricot jam, 125 g (4 oz)
- Greek yogurt or fresh cream
Christmas recipe instructions:
- Food process grated orange rind, caster sugar (25 g, 1 oz), chilled diced butter (125 g, 4 oz). Continue until like breadcrumbs, then pour into a bowl.
- Blend mixed egg yolk and water (30 ml, 2 tbsp) into the mixture from step 1 and form a ball. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Pour grated apple and chopped prunes over the calvados. Mix the remaing caster sugar, beaten eggs, ground almonds with the remaining butter (melted).
- Line a 9 inch tin (1.25 inch deep with loose base) with thin rolled pastry . Bake until set.
- Take the almond mixture from step 3 and add the prunes and apples. Sprinkle with almonds and bake for 30 minutes at gas mark 5 (190 degrees centgrade, 375 F) or until a light brown color. Cool for about 20 minutes.
- Sieve a mixture of melted jam and orange juice (15 ml, 1tbsp) and brush over the top of the cooked tart. Serve cold or warm with fresh cream or greek yogurt.
(c) Paul Curran, CEO of Cuzcom Internet Publishing Group and webmaster at Gifts-for-Christmas.com, bringing you recipes and unique gifts for christmas including their online home collectibles and russian gifts stores.
This article may be published electronically or in print in its entirety as long as the author bylines in the resource box are included and urls kept live. A courtesy copy of your publication or web page URL would be appreciated. -