1/1/4 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup (1 stick) melted butter
1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
1/3 cup water
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, wheat flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add the melted butter, pumpkin puree, water, and vanilla. Mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
6. Add the chocolate chips.
7. Pour into floured and greased loaf pans.
8. For mini loaf pans, bake 35-40 minutes. For a standard sized loaf pan, bake 45-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
Yields 12 servings
You have permission to reprint this article electronically or in print, free of charge, provided that each article is:
1. Printed in its full form with no changes
2. Includes an active link
3. A courtesy copy of your publication is sent to the above contact
4. And the following byline appears at the bottom of each article:
About the Authors: Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall Oakes are the co-authors of the award-winning book Together: Creating Family Traditions. To check out their website that's jam packed with family ideas, visit http://www.togetherparenting.com
About the Authors Janell Oakes and Rondi Davis are co-authors of the award winning book, Together: Creating Family Traditions. They want to give you the most important gift you can give your family. You can be a part of an irresistible offer available for one day only.
They’ve asked several of their friends to join in making available hundreds of dollars of complimentary gifts as a special present to you.
We don't want you to miss out on this amazing 24 hour offer.