This in my mother-in-law's Cannelloni recipe. I can never get enough of it. The mother-in-law is always welcome to stay but only if she cooks this recipe for me.
One tip though make sure you use quality ingredients. With Italian cooking it really does make a huge difference to the final result:
1 lb. ground beef
salt & pepper to taste
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/4 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 of a cup of chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
1 cup of cooked and chopped spinach
1/2 cup of tomato paste added to 1 and 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes - tinned or fresh - with lots of basil
1) Fry the ground beef with a little oil. As the beef is cooking, break it up in to small pieces.
2) Transfer the beef to a large mixing bowl. Add the salt and pepper to taste and add the crushed garlic. Make sure you mix it all well. Add the egg, cheese, parsley, bread crumbs.
3) Drain the water from the cooked spinach and chop it up fine. Add the pinach and a 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
4) Spread some tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking pan. Stuff canelloni shells and place them in the pan. Spread more tomato sauce in between each layer and on the top.
5) Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Then, broil for 23minutes to brown top.
Enjoy it and if you want more authentic Italian recipes, great Italian Pasta dishes, and the best Italian cook books on earth then visit me at: