In the 15th century, in China, seamen consumed green tea to prevent the disease scurvy. Each year scientists find increasing health benefits in consuming green tea. fifteen to 20% of dried green tea leaves are made up of antioxidents. Catechins have very potent antimicrobial actions and have been proven to decrease cholesterol and lower the rising of blood pressure. For dentistry, loose leaf green tea has been demonstrated to inhibit the process that cariogenic bacteria manufacture glucan, therefore suppressing the formation of plack on teeth and preventing cavities.
Some green tea characteristics also have been discovered to help prevent cancer development. The National Cancer Institute says, “[catechins] scavenge oxidants before cell injuries occur, reduce the incidence and size of chemically induced tumors, and inhibit the growth of tumor cells. ”
Since its discovery in China thousands of years ago, green tea has been helping numerous people with countless problems. Today, green tea is also widely used as a healthy additive in whole foods and cosmetics. Reviewed below is a selection of the many recorded health benefits of green leaf tea:
- Helps prevent normal cells from turning cancerous
- Slows the formation and growth of cancerous tumors
- High antioxidant content: lessens damage from free radicals that may foment aging, diabetes and cancer.
- Enhances the function of one's immune system, helps get under control cholesterol levels and maintains blood sugar rates at at some levels
- Fights viruses and deadly food-based bacteria
- Contributes the growth of healthy intestinal bacteria
- Lessens bacteria in the mouth, lessening cavities and bad breath
- Betters the balance of body fluid and reduces stress , these are said to inhibit the aging process.
Additionally, the catechins in green tea increase metabolic rate, therefore, they provide us with tons of energy andat the same time burning even more calories. Bulk green tea leaves have have grown to be quite popular supplement to one's nutrition and a delicious drink for people looking for a natural solution to manage their weight.
More about Tea:
Tea is the world’s second most popular beverage, after water. More and more people are drinking tea in the United States, joining a booming worldwide trend. Increased understanding of the role antioxidants play in the prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disease has positioned tea as the ideal health beverage. It is a 100% natural, fat-free, calorie-free drink, untainted by additives, and low in caffeine content – tea is the healthy alternative to coffee and alcohol.