Here's the third idea for a special Valentine's Day meal that you can prepare at home for that special someone. Get your creative juices going and cook your own Valentine dinner. This combo uses fruits as salad, beef tenderloin for main dish, chocolate chip tart for dessert, and a special Valentine juice.
Pink Frozen Fruit Salad
* 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
* 1/2 cup miracle whip
* 2 cans (17 oz size) fruit cocktail, drained
* 1/3 cup chopped nuts
Combine cream cheese, ice cream and salad dressing, mixing until well blended. Fold in fruit and nuts. Pour into 9-inch square pan.
Freeze until firm. Chill until serving.
Valentine`s Day Beef Tenderloin with Green Peppercorn-Brandy Sauce for Two
* 2 (8 oz. ea) beef tenderloins
* salt and pepper
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
* 1 Tbl. green peppercorns
* 1 cup beef broth
* 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
* 2 tablespoons heavy cream
* 2 tablespoons brandy
* 2 tablespoons chopped chives for garnish
Salt and pepper beef on both sides. Heat butter in medium skillet on medium heat. Add beef; cook 5 min; turn, cook another 5 min. Remove to platter; tent with foil to keep warm. In same skillet, add shallots and peppercorns. Cook 2 min. or until soft. Add broth, mustard, cream and brandy. Cook 5 min. or until reduced to 1/2. Place beef on serving plates. Top with sauce, garnish with chopped chives.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Tarts for Two
* 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping - thawed
* 2 large bakery-style chocolate chip cookies
* 2 kiwi fruit - peeled and sliced
* 2 strawberries - sliced
* 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
Spread 1/4 cup whipped topping over each cookie. Arrange kiwi fruit slices around the outer edge of cookies over whipped topping, then place strawberry slices in the centers.
In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over tarts and serve immediately.
* 1 1/2 cup cherries - pitted
* 2 medium peaches - halved and pitted
* 2 medium oranges - juiced
* 1/2 cup orange juice
* 4 orange wedges
* 4 cherries with stems
Place cherries and peaches in a blender with orange juice. Blend at medium speed until creamy. Pour mixture into custard glasses.
Top each glass with an orange wedge and a whole cherry. Serve immediately. Otherwise, store in the fridge with each custard glass tightly covered. Will keep for 3 to 5 days.
If you like these ideas, look out for the next meal combo for your special Valentine dinner. Also look out for earlier combo recipes with seafood and chicken as main dishes.
Noraini Maskuri has professional training in bakery, enjoys cooking and experimenting with recipes. She own a cookery site, to receive free Valentine Recipe eCookbook , please visit : http://www.mycookery.com/blog/