Kid friendly recipes like Asian Stir-Fry with Rotisserie Chicken or BBQ Chicken Sandwiches are quick and easy. Kids love the taste of these dishes. Moms will love the convenience.
Rotisserie chicken is a healthy ingredient for kid friendly meals. Use the ready-to-eat rotisserie chicken available in most grocery stores.
Chicken preparation: To Cut up the chicken, use kitchen scissors. Cut the chicken in half along the breast and backbones. Cut each half between thigh and wing. Pull the chicken off the bones and chop into small pieces.
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
This recipe is made with off the shelf ingredients. Use bottled barbecue sauce, a few seasonings and a rotisserie chicken to make this fast family dinner. You can purchase potato salad or coleslaw from the grocer also to round out the meal.
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2-teaspoon cumin
- 1/2-teaspoon chili powder
- 1 rotisserie chicken about 1-1/2 lbs.
- Remove the skin and bones
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split
1. Combine barbecue sauce, parley, cumin and chili power in skillet over low heat
2. Stir in chicken
3. Stir occasionally until heated through
4. Divide chicken mixture among the rolls
Serve with potato salad, coleslaw and pickles if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Asian Stir-Fry with Rotisserie Chicken
Made with ramen noodles, fresh ginger, garlic and cilantro This is a quick dinner for busy cooks who want to create a delicious but nutritious 15-minute meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced and peeled fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4-cup lite soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 pkgs. ramen noodles
- 1 rotisserie chicken with skin removed and meat shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
In small bowl stir together soy sauce and cornstarch until smooth. (Discard or save flavor packets from ramen noodle packages for another use)
1) Heat olive oil over medium-high heat
2) Add onion, ginger and garlic
3) Cook until onion is tender
4) Stir in vegetables
5) Cook 3 minutes
6) To the skillet add 2 cups water, bring to boil
7) Stir in soy sauce mixture
8) Boil until just thickened
9) Stir in noodles and chicken
10) Cook stirring occasionally until noodles are tender and chicken is heated through
11) Transfer to platter
12) Sprinkle with cilantro
Would you like more Kid-Friendly Recipes? Christine Steendahl – “The Menu Mom" invites you to visit Kid Approved Meals (http://www.kidapprovedmeals.com ) to pick up your personal 13 week breakfast and lunch menu designed just for children!