The Wikipedia definition of the ‘Rat Race'
"A rat race is a term used for an endless, self-defeating or pointless pursuit. It conjures up the image of the futile efforts of a lab rat trying to escape whilst running around a maze or in a wheel. The rat race is a term often used to describe work, particularly excessive work; in general terms, if one works too much, one is in the rat race".
I believe you are in the Rat Race when. . . .
- You come home after work and only have enough energy to watch the TV.
- You get the feeling that life is slipping you by and there is nothing you can do about it
- That horrible feeling enters your stomach on Sunday afternoon (otherwise know as ‘Sundayitess'
- You know you should have done something (like get your car serviced) but you say to yourself “I just didn't have time this week".
- You see someone achieve something and saying “I could do that" but then don't because you get distracted by life
- You let your dreams remain dreams.
The best description of the ‘Rat Race’ that I have ever seen was in a short Video by Warren Borsje. This is one of my all time favorite youtube clips. It shows Warren Borsje telling the story of a young man who has just got his first job and is about to enter the ‘Rat Race’ or the ‘9-5 treadmill’ as he likes to call it. As always he effortlessly combines entertainment, education and comedy - Absolutely Brilliant!
For access to a Free Investment DVD and an amazing Free Wealth Creation pack valued at over $100 simple go to http://www.SharesPropertyMoney.com or learn more about Investing & Wealth Creation at my blog http://www.BanjoSmyth.com