Already on ArticleSlash?

Forgot your password? Sign Up

Bank Levy - How to Stop a Bank Levy If You Live Paycheck to Paycheck


Visitors: 299
 1 vote

Suddenly Penniless! IRS Bank Levies strike without warning. Your money is here today, gone tomorrow. But what if you live paycheck to paycheck? Imagine the chaos if the IRS suddenly takes $2,000 out of your bank account? Suddenly the mortgage, car, and credit payments are due and you don't have a penny to pay it with. Don't fret. There is a way to fight back!

Bite the Bullet: The fastest and surest way to release the IRS Bank Levy is to pay the IRS what you owe. But what if you don't have the money? There's another way you can force the IRS to surrender your cash.

Getting Lucky: The IRS will release the Levy if they know it'll make you go without basic needs. Prove without a doubt that if they take the money you'll go without food, utilities, basic clothing, tools for work, or school supplies. But watch out, luxury costs like sports car or credit card payments don't count.

How to Fight it!: Roll up your sleeves and follow the 3 simple steps below:

  1. You need concrete proof that if they place a Bank Levy on your account you can't pay for your basic living expenses. Round up documents like your paychecks, groceries bills, and utility & rent payments.
  2. Be prepared to release a detailed financial statement (Usually on Form 433-A) This statement proves the information the IRS needs to determine if you can pay or not.
  3. Simply send a letter to the local office of the Taxpayer Advocate. Be specific and detailed and provide plenty of examples. But be careful, if you make a mistake you risk the IRS levy being enforced and losing your cash.

The Clock is Ticking: You're running out of time! When the IRS intends to Levy your bank account they only give you 21 days to appeal it. After that time has passed, all your money will be gone and there will be practically nothing you can do about it. Even I can't help you at that point.

Be on the Lookout: If you know you owe the IRS, look out for a notice entitled “Final Notice of Intent to Levy". Like it says, that will be your last chance to act before the Levy is placed on you. So act fast and prevent this worst-case scenario from happening to you.

Now You Have the Smoking Gun. . . Use it!

Richard Close was an IRS-Hitman. He was a revenue officer who took out anyone that owed the IRS money. He left that behind and now helps thousands of Americans beat Uncle Sam and save thousands of dollars. The IRS-Hitman can help you with your tax debt problems. He has partnered with Tax Defense Network to offer free advice and tips on removing wage, bank, and tax levies; and arms you with the skills to slash your tax debt. Visit at: Contact: or call 1-888-248-9058


Article Source:

Rate this Article: 
Tips to Not Living From Paycheck to Paycheck After the Divorce
Rated 1.0 / 5
based on 1 vote

Related Articles:

Answers to Bank Levy Questions - Is There Any Way to Stop the IRS?

by: Richard Close (March 23, 2008) 

How To Stop An IRS Bank Levy - 4 Strategies That Can Save Your Money

by: Richard Close (February 26, 2008) 

IRS Bank Levy How to Avoid the Big Freeze

by: Richard Close (July 22, 2008) 

IRS Bank Levy Definition, Reason, and Process

by: Manuel Davis Jr. (December 28, 2009) 
(Finance/Taxes Relief)

IRS Bank Levy Release: Act on Time to Get Your Money Back from the IRS

by: Bruce Markey (March 09, 2010) 

How to Get the IRS to Release Your Bank Levy and Wage Garnishment For Back ..

by: Jack Manhire (June 30, 2008) 
(Finance/Taxes Relief)

Twelve Secrets To Reduce Your Debt And Stop Living From Paycheck To Paycheck

by: Kelli Wilkinson (December 04, 2007) 
(Finance/Debt Relief)

Quit Living From Paycheck to Paycheck by Taking Control of Your Finances

by: Michelle G (August 12, 2008) 
(Finance/Personal Finance)

Wage Levy - Answers to Urgent Wage Levy Questions

by: Richard Close (September 30, 2008) 

Tips to Not Living From Paycheck to Paycheck After the Divorce

by: Danielle L. Taylor (September 16, 2008) 
(Relationships/Post Divorce)