Universal lament of one navigating the humbling waters of financial ruin is “I can't believe this has happened. Yesterday everything was fine; what happened?"
If the sudden loss of financial status has come to our doorstep, dismay and distress might be your companions lately. The rapid downturn in the economy has caught you off guard and in turmoil. If your retirement funds just disappeared where do you turn, how do you find peace, what is the next step?
- Scripture-Based-Prayer is the next step! “Come Unto Me all of you who are troubled and weighed down with care and I will give you rest. "Matthew 11:28
Just because He has not been on your radar screen for many years do you think He doesn't care what you are experiencing?Are you too “scared" to pray? In this distressing and embarrassing time in your life these words might be of great comfort to your soul, " Fear thou not for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. " Isaiah41:10
This financial emergency might be the time you become acquainted with the God of All Comfort.
Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ know that trials are inevitable; along with that, Believers are encouraged to look at adversity from a different perspective, God's Eternal perspective. What is the perspective?
- James 1:2,3 “Count it all joy when you fall into various trials (adversity), knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. "
- 1Peter1:7 ‘The purpose of these troubles is to test your faith as fire tests how genuine gold is. Your faith is more precious than gold, and by passing the test, it gives praise, glory, and honor to God. This will happen when Jesus Christ appears again. "
But if you are not at that point yet of counting it all joy, there is another Eternal Perspective;
- "Behold I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him and him with me. " Revelation3:20 Here is an invitation to a feast. He is not speaking of a fast-food meal but a banquet.
See the Mercy of God And again we have confidence in His Mercy when we are told,
- "You've heard of course of Job's staying power, and you know how God brought it all together for him at the end. That's because God cares, cares right down to the last detail. "
Prayer is First Aid for the Soul that has been disquieted. Read more of prayer strategy at Quiet My Soul.
Huldah Jones, a Vision Therapist, retired as Technical Director of the Orthoptic Center, Helene Fuld Medical Center in New Jersey. She writes more on surviving Job Loss and Financial Stress at http://www.quietmysoul.com