You have found the car of your dreams, but you know your credit is not the greatest. You ask yourself, “How can I get an auto loan with bad credit?"
You are not alone. Thousands of people ask the same question everyday. Just because you have bad credit, does not mean you can not buy that car of your dreams. When considering bad credit auto loans, you can save yourself thousands of dollars when you know about the options available to you.
You can get all the resources you need to compare auto loans with competitors trying to earn your business online. Now you can shop online from the comfort of your home. An auto loan online can save you the hassle of many long hours waiting at a car dealership for an approval.
5 Ideas To Help Get A Bad Credit Auto Loan
1. The first step is to find out what your credit situation really looks like. With a credit score, also known as a (FICO score) with a 500 rating it may not be wise to get an auto loan. It may be wise to simply save money to pay cash or at least 33% of the cost of a new car. With some bad credit auto loans you may have up to 29% interest rates. You can end up paying two times the cost of a new car after interest and fees.
2. You can get a better deal if you take advantage of buying a new car at the end of the month. Sometimes the dealerships sales managers give big incentives to car dealership salesman. This gives them a big incentive to get you an auto loan even if you have bad credit.
3. Sometimes if you can find a good co-signer to help with a bad credit auto loan, this might be your ticket into that new car. The co-signer has to have great credit because they are responsible for making the loan payments if you don’t.
4. Make sure you have at least $1,200 per month income from your job. No more than 20% of your income can be used for a monthly auto loan payment. This can be combined income if you are married.
5. Take a look at first time car buyer programs available online. There are some great programs on the Internet that can help you get into that car of your dreams.
With today’s Internet and online access you can do a simple search on bad credit loans. You can get many resources and tools that can help you get an auto loan. You can buy a car with bad credit. You just need to do a little research first. If you do research and use the tools available online, you can save valuable time and money when you buy that new car of your dreams.
Copyright 2005 Dean Shainin
Dean Shainin is a consultant specializing in auto loans, consolidation loans, and home loans. Get free valuable resources, tools, quotes, information and more articles on loans, visit this site: Auto, Home & Consolidation Loans