With the constantly rising price of gasoline, a gas credit card can be a great option for anyone with a car. These credit cards can offer as much as a 10% rebate on gasoline purchases, and may even offer reduced rebates on other types of purchases. Here are five tips for choosing the best gas credit card for you:
1. Consider your credit needs and habits. Are you looking for a credit card to use exclusively on gas purchases, or for one that you will use more generally? Do you need a low APR, or will you pay off the full balance each month? Do you always buy your gas from the same chain of stations, or do you use a variety of brands?
2. Consider which features are most important to you. A gas rebate can be a wonderful thing, but don't forget to consider the other features and terms of the card you choose. By knowing what's important to you, you can compare cards and choose the one you'll be happiest with.
3. Compare several cards to find the best. There are many types of gas credit cards available. Some are issued by the big credit card companies, while others may be specific to a chain of gas stations.
4. Read the fine print. In addition to knowing what the rebate terms are, make sure you pay attention to the other terms of the credit card agreement. APR, fees, annual fees and different rates for different transaction types are all important to be aware of.
5. Check several sources of information. There are a wide range of websites where you can compare credit card offers and even apply online, so you can check a variety of sites to view as many options as possible. You can also talk to your local gas station attendants to find out what kinds of gas credit cards they have seen used, and check whether your favorite gas station offers a card of their own.
To find and apply for a gas credit card , Beth Derkowitz recommends Find Credit Cards.