You have to know what to look for when it comes to a note buyer to ensure that you are getting the most for your debt instrument. A professional, experienced buyer can offer you a number of different options so you can be sure you are getting the best deal possible.
Although there are non-professional individuals who might be able to pay you for your note, only professional note buyers have the knowledge and flexibility to execute a fair and easy transaction. That's why it's always best to go to someone with years of experience in the industry when it comes time to sell your note.
Let's go over some important facts when it comes to finding a note buyer:
1. The buyer does not have to be local. You can work with someone anywhere in the country, as everything can be taken care of via phone, fax and email. This gives you access to a nationwide pool of note buyers, many of whom are the best in the business.
2. You can get a competitive quote usually within a day or two just by completing a form at one of the many online note buying/selling sites. With just a little information about you and the type of note you are selling, e. g. real estate, structured settlement, annuity, lottery winnings, etc. , you can get a free one-on-one consultation with a top note buyer . He or she will outline all of your options.
3. You don't have to sell your note in its entirety. Let's say you hold a $50,000 note but you only need $20,000 now. You can tell your note buyers that you want to do a partial and keep the rest of the monthly payments intact. That way you are only getting the cash you need in the short term, while retaining the balance of the note.
4. Find someone with years of experience. You are always better off with a note buyer who has been in the business for many years. He or she will offer the highest rates and most options, and sometimes even offer you quotes from other investors so you can choose which one works best for you.
5. The most important thing when it comes to finding a good note buyer is to feel comfortable from start to finish. You can usually tell right away if this is someone you trust and someone you want to work with. Don't be afraid to ask questions or have them clarify something for you. Trust your instincts when it comes to selecting a note buyer.
If you are in need of a lump sum of cash, professional note buyers can help. Just make sure you find someone who is reputable, experienced and professional.
Jamie has been working in the finance industry for many years and is a contributing editor to http://www.selling-your-note.com Learn about note buyers and get a free quote from an industry leader on our site.