Are you looking for custom cable assemblies? Varieties of cable assemblies are available for matching your specifications. Besides, they have customized features. Now, what should you consider before choosing cable assemblies? Let’s check out in this regard a few considerations before making the purchase :
1. Size of the conductor – Consider the conductor size before buying cable assemblies. You can get small as well as large gauge conductors. At times, two different types can be combined to form a mixed gauge cord. You can opt for stranding sizes as small as .002 inches. This could be an excellent solution for hi-flex, supple cords. Moreover, if you want a standard power conductor, you can have a large stranding of .01 inches. Materials used for stranding can be made up of bare copper, tin or even with precious metal plating like silver for increased conductivity.
2. Color of the conductor – Choose the conductor as per your color preference. Cable assembly manufacturing companies often have to deal with a large number of conductors. In order to keep track, they make use of different colors. Hence, you can request them to mark your electric cords with stripes, dashes or text as per your color preference. Marking the cables ensures that the right conductor is going to the right spot.
3. Insulation of the conductor – Insulation is also vital as it offers the first protection in any cord. You can select various ranges including basic PVC (Polyvinylchloride), PP or PE. Besides, you may opt for insulating materials for cable assemblies like natural rubber, TPE (Thermoplastic elastomer), PU (Polyurethane), Silicone and PTFE. In order to make a cable function in the right manner, fillers are included within the electric cord. You can get different types of materials starting from basic cotton, nylon to Kevlar. Furthermore, you can customize each material for matching the exact need of your application to ensure proper performance.
4. Wraps & Shields – It’s also important that you don’t forget the wraps and shields. A cable’s conductor should be properly wrapped for preventing abrasion. High flex cords must ensure a soft barrier between the conductors and outer jacket. Electronic cables often require shielding for checking RFI and EMI interference. Materials created with cotton, fleece and aluminized Mylar are used for cables to match the operating environment. However, remember that the hardness or softness of the materials could vary.
5. Types of Cords – Different types of standard cables are available that help designers to select a cord with known specifications, rather than building one from the very scratch. These standards are also used as building blocks for complicated designs. So always go for standard UL certified cords and wires. You can modify them as per your preference for color and stripping and can still get them as UL certified.
Follow these considerations including size, color, insulation, wraps & shields and types of cables before choosing cable assemblies and get the best one for your need. Find out one of the best cable assembly manufacturers and get customized solution as per your specifications.
Meridian Cable is one of the leading custom cable manufacturers with factories in the US and China providing OEMs with design and manufacture of cable assemblies, coil cords, molded components, and wire harnesses for various industrial applications. For more info on our cable design and engineering solutions, visit http://www.meridiancableassemblies.com/capabilities/design/ .