Acer batteries are available in different types - Lithium-ion (Li-ion), Nickel Cadmium (NiCad) and Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH). Li-ion batteries are the latest development batteries and are the most efficient ones. To maximize the performance of acer battery, you need to follow some simple tips and are stated below.
The following are some important facts about using Acer laptop battery:
- A brand new battery pack needs to be charged to the maximum before use. Recalibration is also a good for the battery, when done every two months.
- Rechargeable batteries self-discharge when left unused for a long time.
- Screen brightness draws tremendously on the battery.
- There are many in-built features in Acer laptops that aid power management.
- Peripherals, such as printers, external storage devices, CDs and joysticks, draw on the battery.
- Anti-virus software and screen savers too reduce battery backup.
- Short circuiting of terminals, storing batteries with metallic objects, exposing them to extremes of temperature or moisture, and mishandling are all harmful to battery life.
- Batteries get warm when used for a long period; however, if it gets too hot, you must get it checked.
Tips to maximize Acer batteries Performance:
Turn down the LCD brightness of your portable device.
Use built-in power management on your portable device.
Turn off LCD or other unnecessary accessories when not in use.
Set screen saver blank to 1 to 2 minutes of your notebook.
Add more RAM if you have extra RAM expansion slot, it will reduce the usage of hard drive and it is power exhaustive.
Close unused software in your notebook.
Remove unused PC Cards or USB devices from your notebook.
Don't watch DVD or play graphics intensive video games.
Don't short circuit terminal or store your battery pack with metal parts.
Don't drop or mutilate the battery pack.
Don't expose to moisture or water.
It is normal to get warm when charging or normal use. If it is getting too hot, there may be a problem with the device and qualified personnel should check it.
Finding a suitable Acer battery replacement is no longer a challenge, given the wide variety of resources available online. Several online stores provide new and 100% compatible Acer laptop batteries at extremely reasonable prices.
For initial use, it is always advisable to discharge the Acer laptop battery to 3% only and then fully charge it (approx 12 hrs).
Do not let the battery discharge to 0% initially, as it makes the battery prone to damage/short battery life/not holding the charge issues.
Battery once used must be recharged within 2 days without fail with above 50% before using it else it will cause damage/short battery life issues/not holding the charge issues.
Acer laptop batteries need a cycle of discharging to 3% and then fully charging twice a week.
acer aspire battery, acer aspire 5630 battery, aspire one battery, acer aspire 5315 battery, acer travelmate battery, acer aspire 5100 battery, acer 5630 battery, acer aspire 5610 battery, acer aspire 3690 battery, acer aspire 5315 battery, acer extensa 5220 battery, acer aspire 3610 battery, acer aspire 1300 battery etc.