Likewise other versions, MS Outlook 2010 also creates OST file in order to keep entire data which includes emails, journals, tasks, contacts, notes, calendar etc. However, Outlook 2010 is advanced and improved in some field but still OST file has reasons to get corrupted or damaged. To get rid of this situation, users looking for the easy-to-use and effective solution to repair their damaged Outlook 2010 OST file. As we know Scanost. exe (OST Integrity Checker) is no longer supported in Outlook 2010 or later versions like 2013 or 2016.
As such, users should also know how to overcome these issues of OST file and trying to repair the file at their end instead of awaiting support or any third party assistance. It is possible for the user to fix unexpected errors occurring in an OST file without any expert help by using advanced yet effective methods. In this article we are trying to assist you in the same.
Manual Methods for Repairing OST File without SCANOST. EXE:
In MS Outlook 2007, 2003, 2002 and other previous versions, there is an inbuilt feature scanost. exe tool to fix errors and corruptions of offline OST file or Exchange Server synchronization issues. But in 2010, we have to follow some different methods to handle this situation as there is no inbuilt tool equipped in this edition.
- Note - It is suggested to delete or remove an OST data file so that Outlook can download the information from the Exchange Server once again.
At that, the question may occur that what should be done in situation when local ost data file does not exist on the server. In such cases, it is recommended to export entire data into a PST file and before deleting OST file. After that, user can import PST file data into new Offline Storage Table.
Follow Simple Steps to Import PST Data to OST File:
To transfer Outlook PST file data into Offline OST File, user need to follow some steps which are mentioned below:
- Firstly, on the ‘File’ tab >> Click ‘Open’ and then Click on ‘Import’ button.
- Select 'Import from another program or file’ option >> Click ‘Next’.
- In third step, you need to select Outlook data file (. pst) >> then Click on ‘Next’.
- After that, click on ‘Browse’ and locate exported PST file.
- In next step, select 'Do not import duplicates’ option >> Click ‘Next’ tab
- Click on 'Select destination folder’ to import the information.
- Now, click on ‘Next’ button so that the Personal folder data items can be imported into Offline Storage Table.
- In last step, click on ‘Finish’ that shows the process completion.
Note: In aforementioned process you are capable to repair damage issues or corruptions of Outlook 2010 OST file but it also has disadvantages such as: it is quite difficult and you need to require technical knowledge and assistance with tabs in MS Outlook. So it is not an easy-to-use solution for non technical user.
Make use of Professional OST Recovery Tool to Repair OST File:
You need not to get panic if the above methods fail to repair your OST file as you fix it by using third party software like MagicSoft OST Recovery Tool. This trustworthy tool is among the best utility to repair Offline OST file which gets corrupted due to some reasons. This prominent Outlook OST file repair software fix problems related to OST once and for all. The best thing about using this tool is that user can also recover permanent deleted or lost items including emails, attachments, tasks, journals, notes etc from Outlook OST file without any complexity.
It is also facilitates you to convert data from OST file to Outlook PST thus making it accessible. You can also extract data in various formats like PST, EML, DBX. You can download its free demo version to examine its features before buying it.