Once you finally understand that you have to backup your files, there are some very important keys to good backup to checkout. Others are less important, but cannot be ignored altogether.
Let's start with the most important issues to check regarding your backup service.
- Simplicity Of Use - If the backup process will not be VERY simple and easy, you and I will not do it. We will not back up our files unless it is super easy to do.
- Cost - If the cost for the backup is too high, there will be no backup, as the mental hurdle becomes insurmountable.
- Storage Capacity - The backup should be able to protect all the files you need. Once you chose what folders needs to be backed up and which one doesn't , the rest is routine.
- Security - These are your most important files, finance, pictures, music files and so on. I am sure you want your files to be kept in a very secure place.
- Credibility - The service and company should be strong enough so they will not disappear one day with your important files. Length of service, testimonials from online communities and from friends and fellow users are the best way to determine this.
- Peace Of Mind - The main reason to backup is to have complete peace of mind. If one of these backup keys does not apply, you will not have the peaceful sleep you wish to have.
- According to my tests and reviews, nowadays there are some companies which provides very good backup services. Full reviews will come soon.
- Sharing capabilities - Some people would like to be able to share their files with another person. This is a “nice to have" feature because it might ruin the backup process, if not included as a part of the main software.
- Synchronization capabilities - Some online services and some offline software provide the ability to synchronize between two or more computers.
- Supported operating systems - You must check that your operating systems supports the software you chose.
- Customer support - In general, when you need customer support it means you are in stress and confused. You need the fastest support you can get.
There are some very important issues to check out before you decide about your backup service. In order to backup the best way one should learn and get the proper help to do it.
Daniel Shalgi-Shira is a backup expert.
He wrote this excellent backup step by step e-course
You can get this e-course now for free.
His website is full of backup and online backup information .